1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesus is Real

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Ask me anything guys

Poll closed Oct 7, 2019.
  1. God is good guys

85.7%
  2. I will never stop talking about him

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dadaras

Dadaras Fapstronaut

guys as you can see on my topics, God is Real guys, I have encountered him, let me explain, so I have been gambling for 10 years and I have been masturbating for 8 years, the longest streak of masturbation I went was 1 month I think I mention that on my old message, so this Saturday, I went to gamble at W.H in my area, then all of a sudden, I collapse in the shop, it didn’t happen anywhere but in the gamble shop, I am a dedicated Christian and I think I have been playing around with God so this was a sign, anyway when I fainted, I woke up in an Ambulance, I remember I was saying to the people to not kill me please, I was scared for my life at the time, they took me to the hospital, and apparently I had a Seizure, on my old post I mention that I have been battling with depression, anxiety lack of sleep, negative thought aswel and these things have really mess me up and terms of my brain, so sometime I forget myself and I even ignore people, that thing is not good looking at all, sometime I feel like I’m going to die.

This is were God is so Real, Anyway I had a dream some days before, and I met a pastor 5 days after out of nowhere and basically told me about the dream I had, I was very Marvelled, couldn’t believe what I witness, I believe God wanted me to witness that he’s real, I have my doubt, although I go to church all the time but still was not convince but this weekend, I met God our creator, Guys, he’s real.

2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Jesus is the TRUTH, so He's the realest.

Enwar likes this.
  3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You had a dream therefore God or Jesus is real? That makes no sense.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Dadaras

Dadaras Fapstronaut

Hey friend, basically God has been speaking to me through my dream but I always ignore it, so what happen to me when a pastor approach me and told me about my dream was a confirmation that God is trying to get me on his side, God is Real my friend, me myself I have had doubt and on Sunday made me know that he’s real.

dethly likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

What was the dream about?

6. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

It obviously doesn't prove that God is real in the empirical sense, but there have been scores of instances where people came to the Christian faith through a dream. In fact, from what I've read, it appears to be one of the most common ways that Muslims become Christians.

dethly likes this.
  7. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

So once that kind of supernatural behaviour happens authentically for a certain amount of times, perhaps you would see it as evidence even if it's hard to grasp through the earthly fallen realm.

Dadaras likes this.
  8. Dadaras

Dadaras Fapstronaut

love this, people are just harden their heart, I know what I have experience, I was ones against it, but now I am all for God because of what I have seen
    e this ​

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

What do you mean by this? People shouldn't think things through? Scripture says 'work out your own salvation with fear and trembling', not accept whatever comes alone. Just because doesn't accept something doesn't mean they have a hardened heart, it means they are working things out.

I've heard those stories as well. I can't help but wonder if there's a way to explain away these dreams. Why do we dream what we dream in the first place? I'm just not into this head in the clouds kind of Christianty.

10. I agree that sometimes people over-react to these kinds of things, and thing everything is a religious experience when it sometimes isn't.

However, God absolutely does come to people in dreams, all the time. We see that over and over and over in the Bible. So... that is Christianity, whether you like it or not. God is entirely capable of performing miracles. He is a Supernatural Being.

I get a little disappointed to see anyone going to far in one direction or the other. In other words, people who think every little coincidence in their life is a miracle, or people who call those people "head in the clouds" Christians or don't think ANYTHING is a miracle. Be careful not to fall too far into the latter category that you miss the incredible signs and wonders of God all around you. They are undoubtedly there.

11. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Neither am I. I'm a fierce student of apologetics. The intellectual, rational, logical defenses of the Christian faith--I'm a straight-up nerd about that stuff.

But not everyone is like that. In Islam, dreams are highly regarded, which may be why God has chosen to meet so many of them that way.

In the end, those kinds of dreams are only intended to change the life of the dreamer. You aren't expected to acknowledge their dreams as authoritative.

12. I have a long story. So I'll make it short,

Came to know the Lord growing up all through my teen years, fell away in my early 20s from God. Did all kinds of bad stuff, Drugs, wild sex, etc

That lasted up until 6 months ago when I gave up drinking alcohol. Had a very real encounter that was personal, didn't see God but the conviction of the holy spirit on my life was tremendous, fell back into a relationship with Christ and here I am today.

Completely Thanful for all that God has done for me

Dadaras likes this.
  13. "Trust me guys, I know it all...." And thus religion profited enslaved mankind.

FellatiousD and onceaking like this.