1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I'm a fan of Dostoievsky too. I think we are like Raskolnikov (don't remember how to write that name) in a certain point. Struggling with world and its unfairness.

Espi1971 and Timber like this.
  2. The group is currently full but I can add you to the waiting list. There are currently 12 other people on the list, so it will be at least a few months before we have an opening for you. Reply to this comment to be added to the list.

3. That is great advice. My problem is that I give in to easily. I'm ready to fight this time and get into the mindset of "giving in isn't an option."

4. Interesting. I haven't read the brothers karamazov but will someday. I chose the name Raskolnikov because, like him, I felt like I committed a crime (in my case, over and over) and I finally realized it was affecting so much of my life. The anxiety and lack of self-confidence started to take its toll. Eventually, Raskolnikov couldn't deal with it either - he came clean and served his time. I hope that I don't go back. I know life is better without PMO.

Timber likes this.
  5. OMATODAT

OMATODAT New Fapstronaut

Please add me to the waiting list, thank you

NICEDUDE and artifact like this.
  6. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Checking in, and feeling better. I was in dark spot there for a couple days! Obsession overload! I've been staying busy and focused today, and got a lot accomplished so far. How about that lol! Hope you all are having a good weekend

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

You’ve got this. I’m trying to stay focused on 1 day at a time.

artifact likes this.
  8. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I feel I've commited the same crime over and over, and I feel like Raskolnikov too. Amazing book, btw.

9. You've had long streaks before so you know that you can do it! You're also quite dedicated to this. Keep Going!

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  10. @EcoMunchies congrats on making it back to 30 days yesterday. Great achievement! :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

11. @control your life we have an opening in the group for you. Reply to this comment if you are still interested in re-joining.

control your life likes this.
  12. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in, coming to end of Day 3.

I know it's early but I am feeling positive about this run.

Keep marching on!

control your life and NICEDUDE like this.
  13. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks friend . Yes. Im interested :) Lets win our lifes back this time :) check in!!

14. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Forget Dostoyevsky, we have Master Yoda: do or do not, there’s no “try”. :)

15. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Day 8, just checking in. Nothing to say, low mood.

artifact, NICEDUDE, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  16. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Like despicable, not much to say. Just glad I'm not overrun with urges as I'm home alone with not much to do today.

control your life and JJ_Kino like this.
  17. tiger9611

tiger9611 Fapstronaut

Yes I would like back in when possible. I guess I was thinking a month, so I went 30 days without checkin in. Thanks.

JJ_Kino and control your life like this.
  18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Day 6 check in. I think it’s been a little while since I made it past 9 days.... maybe less than that.

Little urges and thoughts to do the things that start the chains of events that lead PM but I’m aware of how negative is. It’s front and center in my mind so I’ve been able to shoot that down.

Just focused on making it through the night.

19. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

20. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in..Day 16 hard mode, still hanging in there despite strong urges!

artifact, JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and 3 others like this.