1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bleeding but still fighting

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Hey guys. Known about nofap for awhile and want a fresh start. I had an account but want to start a new one. I’ve been off and on and even had a 60 day streak about 5 months ago ! But as of recently its been a week or 2 weeks here and there, and I definitely feel better than where I started: depressed lonely and insecure. I am now happy, have lots of friends, even teach bible study and youth groups during the week! The same guy would not be doing this a couple years ago. I want these streaks to go longer and longer and experience more of what God has to offer me in this life.

Deleted Account, vowed, Lukos and 2 others like this.
  2. I hope a fresh start is just what you need :) Best of luck to you!

newtry likes this.
  3. Hi,
    A fresh start is always a chance to change things, may your new start help you making changes. It's great to hear what progress you had, that's really encouraging.
    Stay tuned and stay blessed!

4. vowed

vowed Fapstronaut

I like the title of the post. Reminds me of a quote from a holy man who in turn mentions the example of other holy men:

To defend his purity, Francis of Assisi rolled in the snow, Benedict threw himself into a thorn bush, Bernard plunged into an icy pond... You..., what have you done? ​

All of these men from hundreds of years ago were taking the words of Hebrews 12:4 quite literally. For us, suffices to begin to deny ourselves little things. The man that is being denied the licit will not seek for the illicit. Conversely, if you pamper yourself in all that is licit, your body will not merely crave but even demand the illicit.

Such denial, alongside a firm resolution to stir clear of the impure, will strengthen us in our resolve to achieve self-mastery.

5. Well I bleed again today, with another relapse. Day zero again! Not sure if I should post here or my other journal in the 20-24 ages @vowed your words ring true. The denial of oneself is the key to overcoming this obstacle before me. I have the strength yet continue to choose the latter. I have found no solace in choosing the path I have chosen and despite my efforts choose it nonetheless! Despite this I will rub dirt on the wound and keep fighting. For it is not when I’m bleeding when I have lost, but when I lay down and don’t fight.

vowed and Lukos like this.