1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

data protection/privacy and journaling

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Hey guys,

I have thoughts about data protection or privacy.

So you might have heard that you can reconstruct how a particular human will behave pretty well by analyzing his/her digital footprint (facebook likes, followers,youtube,...)

I am not really active on any of them and I felt good to be 'untraceable'. But then I realized: I am pouring my life, my thoughts and my emotion out on this forum for everyone to see. This will make me much much more visible than any amount of facebook usage.

What are your thoughts about this?
    I am seriously thinking about moving my journal to paper (which has other benefits aswell, i.e. reduced screen time).

2. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

I used to study about this problem a lot and even wrote some articles about people privacy in the internet. The only thing I want to add - protect it as you can, don't share your personnal data anywhere and keep it as much as possible

bestazy and Deleted Account like this.
  3. vowed

vowed Fapstronaut

It depends on two things: IP logs and email on the one end (traceability) and what you log on (is it vague/general enough that it can't be narrowed down for the purposes of identification)?

I've had the same worries but I find that journaling here is helping me quite a bit. If you add a VPN/proxy or something like that to your machine (not sure what the rules are here in that regard) then you're adding an extra layer there.

Deleted Account likes this.