1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does smiling make you more attractive?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Cobra, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Cobra

Cobra Fapstronaut

Women look more beautiful when they smile, and men like them more. But does smiling make a man more attractive? Studies show that a "proud" look on men is more attractive than a normal happy smile. What do you think?

2. VCjonas12

VCjonas12 Fapstronaut

Depends on the situation I guess. Do you wan't to be attractive to women? It's more about giving off a certain vibe that gives her certain emotions that makes her attracted to you. Being masculine, confident, funny, show some vulnerability and flirt. Don't be all serious and not smile and laugh, you know, gotta be an amusing person. Men are sexually attracted to the appearance of a women, more than her vibe. For women it is the other way around. They need emotional stimulation before they are attracted.

Cobra likes this.
  3. Idk, I have been blessed with a killer (ugly) smile. So I avoid accidentally massacring people by not smiling. :(:rolleyes:

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I face constantly smiles against my will, I hate it. So it isn't more attractive, at least in my case it isn't.

Hamza Ji likes this.
  5. A smile makes everyone more attractive.
    Always. Everywhere.

Deleted Account and Cobra like this.
  6. Try smiling after treading on someone's toes! XD

Hamza Ji likes this.
  7. jolee80

jolee80 Fapstronaut

I love smiles.

Deleted Account and Cobra like this.
  8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Try smiling after getting hit in the crotch.

9. (im a dude)
    if i see a guy smiling i assume he's more friendly no homo tho
    and women are obviously attractive with a smile

just go for it, there's no downside. i remember one time i held the door open for a girl and she smiled at me and i smiled back and... that just made my day man. you never know who's on the opposite end, maybe they could use a boost like that. and i've seen/observed/read (forgot??) that if somebody smiles at you, there's a good chance you're going to be smiling back. it makes you appear friendly in conversations and gets those good chemicals in your brain firing hell yeahhh dude

Cobra and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Dekk

Dekk Fapstronaut

Yes.
    I don't know how is it about you but I just love the feeling when I get to smile to a girl and she looks at me and smiles back (especially if she's attractive one lol).
    It just creates a good and a positive vibe (for both of us)

11. Absolutely you should practice smiling. When ever I see someone walking towards me I smile and say hello. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or a woman, but of course a pay more attention if it’s a woman, because I like women. Sometimes they smile back and don’t speak. Sometimes they smile back and even stop which leads to a brief conversation. That’s the point that which I like to add a little levity to see if the feeling and chemistry are there. So I say hello to everyone and over time it has just become part of my pleasing personality.

12. No, no, no!
    When I was a teen, a psychotherapist told me just that: "Smile, be nice. :)"
    I did, I had a grin on my face, wherever I was. People started calling me sunshine and smiley.

Smiling for nothing is bad! Have you seen James Bond with a grinning on his face?
    Nice guys finish last.
    Be good, not harmless.
    Be dangerous, and capable of violence, BUT be perfectly capable of controlling it. This is James Bond: polite, civilized, handsome and friendly, but don't f***k around with him.

Most of all, be yourself. When you feel like smiling, do it. When there is nothing funny, why should you?

13. Smiling doesn't mean anything is funny. Smiling means "I'm friendly, I don't have nasty intentions." This is like we want our society to be, this is what Christians claim to be.

Cobra likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Smiling at someone is a psychological trick. It tells people you're trustworthy and likeable. In one of my old jobs I was the only person out of the staff that would smile at customers and as a results my sales were ahead of my colleagues. That does mean I was special than them, I just understood how smiling effects a person. This is why it's so easy to be fooled by people. All someone has to do is smile and a person trusts them. Malcolm Gladwell has a new book how we constantly misunderstand people me meet and I expect he touches on the issue of smiling.

Cobra likes this.
  15. I'd imagine so. It helps make you more approachable to people and when I've done it, women have smiled back. My grandfather is very successful with women and he's a very happy, jovial person.

Cobra likes this.
  16. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I think I look like a doofus when I smile.

Vendettana likes this.
  17. itsoverformanymen

itsoverformanymen Fapstronaut

It makes you look feminine and vulnerable when you do it. Smiling in photos is a falio for men.

Vendettana likes this.
  18. I think it makes sense that smiling would make someone more attractive, not just in the romantic sense of the word. Because smiling is usually contagious, so if someone smiles a lot, they will probably make you smile a lot as well, and you'll remember that feeling of them making you happy.

Idk if there's any psychological evidence or truth to that, but it just makes sense to me.

I have a friend named Brenden who smiles sooooo much, it's like what he's known for. And thinking of him always makes me think of smiling, which I think is such a lovely thing to be remembered for <3

19. It depends on the situation. Sometimes smiling makes you look insane; which may or may not be attractive to some people.

On another note I will say, with great dimples comes great responsibility.

20. It depends on the situation and context. Obviously you wouldn’t be smiling if someone said to you their dog died yesterday (even if you’re thinking I hated that damn dog!) Lol but I digress. In most situations I have found a genuine smile can signal approachability. Just don't do that fake creepy smile. Look up that one Big Bang Theory where Sheldon fake smiled. On the flip side, if I see someone looking all serious and not smiling, I likely will think they don’t want to be bothered and will leave them be. Perhaps they are longing for someone say hi. However, I have found body language to be stronger than words. As far as women are concerned, I have always been told they appreciate a smile. So it can’t hurt to crack a smile!

Cobra likes this.