1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m convinced I’ve poisoned myself by breathing in alcohol vapours over a couple of hours

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Austin88, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Hello all,

I was cleaning my keyboard and mouse with strong whisky 60% and forgot to open a window and breathed in the vapors for a long time and now I’m convinced it’s in my bloodstream and now I have more hearing loss because it’s a solvent. It’s been proven that drinking a lot leads to hearing loss and by inhaling it it goes directly to your bloodstream/brain and every other organ in your body including your ears. It immediately makes you a lot more intoxicated than if you just drunk it and bypasses the liver and goes through the respiratory system. I just want to live a normal life and here I am poisoning myself and I’m too stupid to realise it. I’m sick of life. This is the last time I am cleaning anything with anything. I’m having a terrible day today, first I woke up with sleep paralysis, then spent the entire morning half asleep half awake. Maybe I’m overreacting about this maybe I’m not and I’m right. Point is I’m sick of doing stupid things like this and can’t live with more damage to my body. :(

Can somebody who is a doctor/scientist/someone knowledgeable about chemistry tell me if I’ve done damage to myself from this?

2. Gab238

Gab238 Fapstronaut

I think you are going to die...

brilliantidiot likes this.
  3. Yea it doesnt sound good mate

4. Yellowknife

Yellowknife Fapstronaut

Unless you were literally pouring it over your keyboard and mouse to the tune of 10 bottles while deliberately inhaling it, you are fine.

I've done far worse with actual isopropyl alcohol. 99%. I just cleaned my 3D printer and the bed of it, I used half a bottle. In an enclosed room. Arguably not the brightest but I didn't keel over. I do this on a semi regular basis. YOU ARE FINE. I used to network admin a school, and if all of the keyboards and mice I cleaned -- kids are filthy, I did it every single time -- with 99% iso alchohol were going to kill me, I'd be so stone dead right now. Bartenders would fall over stone dead every time they spilled a drink. Mouthwash would be chemical weapons.

Alchy Hool is bad shit for sure, but it isn't nearly that potent.

It sounds to me like there are deeper seated issues under here than this.

Trust me, you are fine. You are thinking way too much into it and your brain is going into absolute overdrive.

This is what anxiety does. The more you think about it, the worse it's going to be.

Open a window, go outside for a few minutes, you're *FINE*

You are having a panic attack, my brother. I can read it in your writing. You are egging yourself on, essentially. Thinking of one bad thing after another after another.

PS: Use 99% Iso for this, don't use whiskey, it leaves residue.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019