1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Tell Someone Their Feet Stink

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 19, 2019.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I'm really interested about how this is gonna turn out.

2. I’m going to spend the next week gathering the courage. Then I’m going to pick the right time to bring it up. But I’m very nervous about it. Might take me awhile. I never had to do this before.

3. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

That’s exactly what I had to do with my husband actually! He has these few pairs of shoes that smell like something died in them, and every time I try to get rid of them, they magically reappear. I’m just glad the whole “long walks on the beach” thing exists.

4. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

I second the athlete’s foot thing. Also, look for other powders or topical medicines that could help with other foot cases. Then you can try that trick if you want. Just hope she doesn’t ask you to rub it on her feet for her. :)

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I know a woman who makes her husband go to the local nail salon and get regular pedicures. She said she could no longer get into bed with his disgusting feet. I guess his feet smell better now. They certainly look better.

Evig Faith likes this.
  6. I’m so desperate I’ll gladly put on a pair of gloves and do it.

Evig Faith likes this.
  7. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

That’s a great idea. I probably should get him to do that, but he’ll probably complain about it being “too girly” or some other crap.

8. Anonymous note, ransom style

9. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Hi.
    So I have had several friends with feet that smelled like decomposing dead body. And that what it is or was. The rotten smell you talk about, is due to feet fungus. I allso strugeled how to tell. So, once we were working together and told him:" man I can smell how my feet stink, and if I can smell my own feet, that means other people have smelled it long Time Before I did. Why didnt you tell me?"
    After that I told him, that maybe I got fungus from public swimming pool, but no worries, a vinegar feet bath for a week will kill it.
    To the other guy, I told the same thing, like passing by, ou you have allso the fungus, I had It too. Told how "I fixed it", offered a shower and socks. Sometimes After that, he came wor a weekend visit for two nights, and in the evening I gave him small bath and vinegar, and chair to sit on. Sometimes people feel really bad for their condition, but they dont know what to do, and if people wont tell them, they think that its not that bad.
    And there's another kind of smelly feet. Socks that have been worn several days, thats just personal hygiene and should be told straight, change your socks.

10. You’re right.

11. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

I
    I grew up with the sweaty stinky feet gene, like my socks would harden and turn white from the feet sweat. and im very shy and sensitive. My friends would do shit like spray deodorant right on my feet. And tell my other friends " yeah i had him over my house and i had to kick him out cause his feet stunk up my house" honestly it helped. It was like medicine for me. I eventually grew up and did my sock laundry, i made sure i had a fresh pair on me daily.

IbrahimViking and TIMMY0110 like this.
  12. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Hello SaturnsSun,

If you are her true friend then I suggest you to be honest and direct with her. I know that you might not like my answer.

Think about it, she is clueless about this..then she will have no idea that the world is making fun of her. Being honest might hurt her for a moment but will help her in the long run. A true friend needs to do what is right for her friend. Do you want the world to make fun of her?? or do you want to help her before it escalates..??

I have made 1 thing clear very close with my friends and that is "Be brutually honest with me no matter". I want them to correct my mistakes (instead of ignoring the right thing and trying to spare my feeling) before the world starts criticizing me.

And dont just say ""Hey, you know what sounds fun? Let's go wash our feet!"" or any other indirect suggest.This will be temporary fix. This way she is not be able to realize her actually problem.

-Timmy

Get_It and IbrahimViking like this.
  13. I appreciate your input, however, brutal honesty won’t work with my friend. She’s a sensitive person and it will hurt her. I won’t do anything on purpose that will hurt her like that. You’re tougher than my friend. I have to use a softer, gentler approach.

14. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

You know your friend better than I do. Good luck with helping your friend.

15. HoneyBoi

HoneyBoi Fapstronaut

Your friend sounds like a nice person from the way you described her. I'm sure she would feel bad knowing that she's making you guys smell her terrible feet. I wash my feet and face about 5-6 times a day and I would say they are clean. But I also play a lot of basketball which results in my socks becoming disgusting and sometimes I forget to switch it. So it doesn't matter if I wash my feet that many times since my socks are causing the stench. So you could buy her some socks as a gift and see if that works. Stinky shoes also could easily stink up her socks as well. It could be time to get a new pair of shoes for her as well. Best of luck tho, I'm sure everything will turn out okay.

16. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

This is brilliant.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  17. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

I think that finding out that she stank all this time and that you guys gagged during breakfast and did Not tell her, would make her cry even more and feel betrayed and disgusting. You're doing the right thing by opening up to her. If you care about her more than about whether she likes you at that moment, you'll tell her, and you found a brilliant way to do it.
    Smell is usually caused by bacteria and I'd recommend a foot and shoe deodorant. Athlete's foot is a disease, and also may be it, I think it's best to let her figure out if it's fungal or bacterial.
    I was in a situation where I felt like I couldn't tell someone their feet smelled too, I feel ya.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Hm. That explains the inability to smell it. And I'm not doubting her personality. I'm just saying she should fix it so people don't want to leave the room to gag.

Anyway, if you'll post in the next week or so, I'm honestly interested to see what happens when you do tell her. The round-about methods of telling her (athlete's foot, the spray, etc) could work. Let us know how it turns out if you would. :p I hope she doesn't have an infection, though. Assuming she showers, that could be a sign.

19. I don’t know when I’ll work up the courage to do it but I’ll report back after I do it.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  20. You take them over to a side and tell them about it politely. If they take offense, that means they are not a great person and certainly not someone I wanna be friends with. Since when did being real became a no-no?