1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Judo or badminton? (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 22, 2019.

1. I need to chose and can't do both.
    Bad plus
    *Very exhausting
    *Not too dangerous of traumatic for the body
    Bad cons
    * only uses one arm, i will have a muscled arm and a less muscled one...

Judo plus
    *All the body works

Judo cons
    * a lot of injuries, the fingers always bandaged

Can u help me pls, which one is the best?

2. If those 2 choices arent flexible and you cant do anything outside of them, judo. I feel like a strong pro for judo is it actually being useful in everyday life

Yep u do likes this.
  3. Cprelude

Cprelude Fapstronaut

Badminton is more fun

4. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

Judo is much better altough jiujitsu os more fun

5. Can't you do both? One seriously and other recreationally!

Yep u do likes this.
  6. Cprelude

Cprelude Fapstronaut

Martial arts is for incels
    Badminton is nt

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

8. Ju-don’t know which one to choose?

9. Ty for ur replies, no i cant do both of them, the trainings take place at the same time.
    Dont feel hurt but, telling me that this one is more funny than the other isnt really usefull, i like them both so i am trying to find pros and cons.

10. If you take Judo, they're going to kick your ass for sure.

11. I would go for judo. Why? Because it would improve your character. When you are in a situation where you fight someone (as you do in judo) it puts a lot of stress and pressure onto you (fight or flight response). So if you can master this pressure, if you learn how to handle that stress you will have learned something for life.

Plus it is more beneficial for your body (full body workout, balance,...). It might come in handy if you get into a dangerous situation. Confidence might increase. You might find some good friends. It might make you more respectable ("Watch out he knows how to fight").

Regarding injuries: I would not think of them too much for now. Especially when starting you don't need to fear injuries, as your trainers will have an eye for you and you won't fight someone in the beginning. And later on, yes you might get some bruises, but judo is not MMA, you won't get serious injuries. Light injuries (a bit of pain) might again be beneficial for your mental health.

Yep u do likes this.
  12. romeolima

romeolima Fapstronaut

If I had the same choices as you I would go with Judo, but then I have martial arts background.

I love badminton though I don't play very much these days, my family all play it, my parents are still active players. I'd like to think when my body can no longer cope with martial arts I could fall back on badminton!

Yep u do likes this.
  13. laticiagibson

laticiagibson New Fapstronaut

hii..
    judo is my favorite game. this the best game for altheletic

14. I'm a judoka myself but I have to say that it's up to you. Badminton is really fun too, although I don't do sports. Judo will give you new perspectives on fighting/self defense that will certainly benefit you. And it will teach you how to fall and not get hurt, and give you awareness of biomechanics and balance. Plus the throws are insanely cool and fun to practice.

Yep u do likes this.
  15. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I'll say Mexican Judo.

16. Thank you for your smart and built answer, it helped me a lot :)

17. Thank you everyone, finally i am gonna chose Judo. U convinced me.
    Have a nice day :)