1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to tell if a girl is into you

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Fractured Mindset, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Baduser

Baduser Fapstronaut

@Summer Adventurer why not? You dont think its good to think positive instead of negative?

2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

@Summer Adventurer I don't particularly disagree with you. Like I said, I've been approached by women in the past. I've also had girlfriends tell me they were glad I made the first move as they were too shy. Both these things are totally normal, and I'm certainly not advocating inappropriate behaviour as you suggest. Unlike you, with the Trump quote. Are you sure you aren't being contrarian for the sake of it? :)

3. I want to spring board from this a bit: most of my life, what I thought were instances of falling in love, were, on reflection, mere infatuation. I was putting them up on a pedestal, romanticly or sexually, and looking for them to fill some emptiness. This isn't love, and its no way to approach entering a relationship with someone because you build an expectation they can never meet and the resentment and anger that follow (froim both parties) quickly becomes destructive to the relationship. I'm also exploring that emotional need, but the difference is, I'm not looking for it from my current partner and we're better for it (though we still work through other issues).

Its tough. Right now you're focused on just the introductary part of the relationship, but after you've gotten one, and I mean a real one, you're probably going to face similar issues. Its all about getting to know yourself and your partners needs, and thats a process that involves a lot of mistakes and thats completely okay.

So to sum up my advice, don't go after someone because they seem 'perfect' for you and beware of building them up in your head; go after them because you like them.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  4. Hang in there. Nothing really comes on our own schedule. We just have to be patient, keep working and wait for God. As Sammy Hagar sings on "Can't Stop Lovin You" :

There's a time and place for everything, for everyone
    We can push with all our might, but nothing's gonna come
    Oh no, nothing's gonna change
    And if I asked you not to try
    Oh could you let it be

5. Either way, the woman chooses. What I'm arguing here is that by telling a girl you like her, you're telling her you recognize she has the power to choose, while at the same time asserting that your intentions are important. Its drawing a line in the sand. This frees the man from having to grovel for the woman's attention because she has to give an answer, even if that answer is "I don't know" (and that means "no"). Whats also important here is to be unattached to the outcome. If she says "no", you win because you get to hit on another chick. If she says "yes", well then you're on your way.

As for body language, I don't put much stock in that.There are all these tips in magazines about 'how to know if she likes you' and most of them are crap if you're older than 15, because beyond that point, girls play things close to the chest. They don't go about twirling their fingers in their hair or smiling too much because they're trying not to seem eager or lead guys on. They also become really good at reading men's body language, because the opposite is true for us: we give it away. It is sometimes true that men do not know they are violating a woman's personal space, but the majority of us can recognize when that happens.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. StoneyTrevor

StoneyTrevor Fapstronaut

There’s always going to be girls out there

How and when she starts to like you is very much all UP TO YOU

If she’s treated well and provided by your most guided wisdom eventually the girl of your dreams will like you back.

7. If youre serious about getting good with women, don't ask for advice on NoFap. There are tons of books on human social psychology and female psyhcology as well as a ton of PUA material online that breaks down human social and sexual interaction and would provide detailed explanaitions for all of your questions.

Get_It and the alpha project like this.
  8. I'm just wondering what other peoples' personal experiences are.

9. I'm scratching my head here, because we seem to be saying the same thing. If not, give me a more explicit explanation of how I'm contradicting myself.

10. Women don't pursue men because they don't produce testosterone? I actually had to rub my eyes to see if i read this correctly.

There are women who pursue men, there are lots of women who pursue men, and usually those are the women that go against the stereotype of men chasing women and whatnot because they're confident about themselves and their own life and they're not afraid to hear "no, i'm not interested in you". They're the ones that don't play games because they're not childish. A lot of women play games which is true and like playing hot and cold, and it is fucking immature, however it's their defense mechanism and you can easily guess why.

There is literally no relation when it comes to testosterone and women pursuing/not pursuing. They pursue because they choose to.

Deleted-Account likes this.
  11. They can be very expressive or not expressive at all. Sometimes it's completely obvious, other times you never would've thought about it. It's why these "Signs she likes you" videos are pretty unreliable, they only state the obvious.

And no, sometimes women do approach men and confess to them (I speak from experience), however, most confident girls prefer to just drop hints.

12. Women have always made it known they like me. Some are more direct than others. I'm a tiny bit shy so i like the more direct ones. But for the indirect ones..

I usually find if youre in a group and a female keeps talking to you, laughing at the things you say even when you're not trying to be funny, or giving you the glare.

I fucking love the glare. Its one of those things you understand when it happens to you. But it's comoletely different than just a stare or glance even. there's alot of nonverbal communication going on. This is when i give a similar glare (comes naturally if you like them back). & i talk to them. What i talk snout doesn't matter bc simultaneously we're conversing on a sexual level through these nonverbal glances.

It all depends tbh

Get_It likes this.