1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating game is rigged.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by PrinceOtaku, Sep 10, 2019.

1. LTLThrowaway93

LTLThrowaway93 Fapstronaut

Maybe it's time to take a more optimistic approach?
    Don't get me wrong, I think people in general have high standards. But that doesn't mean that if you aren't Trump levels of wealthy or the next Ryan Reynolds that it's impossible to date.
    It just takes time to find the right person.

And as for Get_It's comment, can't people flip the script and apply it to men? Most men want the model-ready woman with a D-cup that knows how to cook and clean and is DTF at any point.
    I think that men and women have high standards, but most people recognize they're unreachable and tend to find someone they enjoy being with.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. LTLThrowaway93

Really? That's pretty standard stuff for most people.

I think that your perspective is incredibly self-defeating and only assumes the worst in people.

3. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Yeah, thats a myth that men just want only thin women with D cups. I'm attracted to women with varying body types.

4. LTLThrowaway93

Can we also, by that logic, state it's a myth that all girls just want Chad?

5. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

No. We're talking about men and women. There are biological differences in both their makeup and the same rules don't apply to both. That is, unless you're one of those bugmen egalitarians that want to deny certain realities.

6. LTLThrowaway93

Biological differences between the sexes =/= women only want Chad. Women can have different preferences as well.
    We're not two completely different species.

7. Daedaleus

Daedaleus Fapstronaut

*peeks in*

... Nope.

*softly closes the door as he exits*

8. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

So then what you're saying is that reasonably attractive women will settle for a manlet or a very unattractive incel. You believe that females are so much more noble than they really are.

Deleted-Account likes this.
  9. LTLThrowaway93

Yup.
    Bye.

10. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

HAHAHA! If I were you I wouldn't want to defend that glass house either. Completely understand that reply. lol

11. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

Seriously, is all in the self steem.
    When you have 1 or 2 womans in your life, you feel amazing and it make the work MUCH easier, almost like a cure.

Is the same in both sides, everyone wants to play in the top leagues. But you cant play in top leagues without responsability, you cant without believe and love yourself, so work on that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
  12. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I'm sure there are some erect Rambo's out there that would lay some pipe down on those un-pretty women.

13. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

I am not going to try change your mind, but I hope you can watch this video :) (I know you don't blame women, but no matters who's fault it is, we have to solve it).
    It is only 2 min long:

IbrahimViking likes this.
  14. I've always felt that way a little too. I would see a girl in a bar and then magically she has a boyfriend with her. Or the dreaded party girl pack that is hard to get into just to talk to one. Its like it is impossible to meet someone in the real world because the right scenario never reals itself. I've gotten a few numbers that don't answer my texts even when they give me their number. I've had my own friends take a girl I was interested in more than once.

So yeah, it feels like its rigged against us. But that i.s why we are doing this to gain the confidence to find the right girl we should be with and to not be like the guys who just want to sleep with girls like a contest.

15. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

I just want to add something. Yeah, in many ways girls have the advantage when it comes to dating for example. But why is that? It is simply because men are a lot more "desperate" then women. Men are a lot more willing to try getting the attention from a girl, and when all men behave like that, then women can pick whoever they want.

I am a man, and I think it is a lot our own fault that women have it so much easier when it comes to dating.

And to OP:
    "my hometown rather from friendships, relationships, jobs etcs."

Sorry to be rude, but it will be a lot more difficult to get a girl, if you don't have a job and you say "etc", which I guess there is a lot you are not happy with. Figure out other stuff in life, before you start focusing on girl. From my experience, it is when you don't focus on girls, but you focus on becoming the best version of yourself, then the girls will come.

That have atleast always been the case for me. When I am actually too busy to date, thats when the girls come chasing. I don't really understand why, but I guess they like someone with a drive and passion.

Deleted-Account likes this.
  16. 12&6

12&6 Fapstronaut

I would say that your reaction is based again on some of the issues were all here because of. The F*cking internet... unplug from media in general. Only use it as a tool when you need to and if not,dont. Dont get news etc from it. You can go days w/o it. While studying for law school I had to block out 99.9% of the garbage out there nowadays. Its gotten so bad. Geez-no wonder the Unabomber was in a shack in the woods. Aside- just decompress. Youll find after a bit your rage will go down. Its a good social experiment to try. I dont listen to tge radio in the car or music even while driving. You find you become much more self aware. This opens you to ask what it is you want from a partner. Be real w/ yourself. Women can be the same,gendor doesnt really make a difference. If you live in a society that promotes and often monetizes consumption,waste,horrible and deconstructing ethics than itll subtly program anyone. Whether its that new binge show on netflix or some fomo....it doesnt matter someone is creating the hype or getting paid to. One of the greatest failures of big tech already is that it has an answer or "proof" for everyone or every facet. It spawns cottage industries like roaches. Just unplug. Reset on your terms. Theres to much loathing on either side the gendor fence. Stay gold brother. Dont cave to the dark side.

17. yep that is true man

18. Yeah you do have to go through a lot of shit to find a nice girl, that's why its so special when you finally get one. It's a testament to your manhood.

Freeddom_Taker and 12&6 like this.
  19. Dating's rigged?

The ones that are actually rigged are basically ourselves. We sabotage ourselves, we make mistakes and fuck ourselves over but it's a learning process. This is my own opinion but dating really isn't that hard. I honestly think people think it's hard because they don't put effort into themselves to make themselves stand out. I don't mean that you have to go to the gym and get a ripped body before you start dating. There are no Chad's, there are no Stacy's, there are no whatever the fuck you want to call them. One individual can find a person attractive and another individual can find the same person unattractive. It's a fucking asinine system brought up by people who reject every single bit of advice that is given to them and think that the world owes them everything.

You do have to look for the right person, which to be honest will happen eventually.
    Stop focusing on external shit and what everyone says and just focus on yourself. Surround yourself with good people and good things will come and you will find someone good. This shit is so basic but flies over so many peoples heads and it's sad.
    A lot of people get jaded/annoyed when they hear "be yourself, be confident" and complain that it doesn't work but don't take the time to fucking figure out what the meaning behind that is.

Be yourself - Literally what it means, behave the way you usually do, do the things that you usually do (hobbies etc), just do you around people, around everything and anyone else.
    Be confident- Own your personality, take pride in something you do or a good quality about yourself, not giving a goddamn care in the world whether someone doesn't like you or not. If you like volunteering at a homeless shelter and enjoy helping people, own that fucking shit, say it with pride. Confidence can not be faked because eventually you're going to be put on the spot and when you say you're confident in something you're not, what's going to happen? You can literally be confident in anything that you practice over and over it just takes time and dedication.

Dating isn't rigged, individuals are.

koolpal and LTLThrowaway93 like this.
  20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

This.

the alpha project likes this.