1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have abandon half of my family

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by captain honest, Sep 22, 2019.

1. captain honest

captain honest New Fapstronaut

I often think about this, a few years ago my parents divorced and I had to
    choose a side as it is often a case. At the very beginning, I knew I'd choose Dad's side,
    because obviously something was wrong with my mom, arriving home late,
    taking my sister's clothes, makeup in the evening you know what do I mean, girl teenage behavior Syndrome. Things only went worse and worse but that is topic for another time, but my mom's family didn't see what I saw or at least they pretended like nothing is wrong. Not only that, they they went so far as to make my father as a villain. He didn't even started all of this, he didn't want divorce and it is funny how they made him a bad guy, but in reality he was the guy that things were happening to him that he didn't had much control over. Do you know what I did with my family that took my mom side, cut them out of my life, just like that. I moved in with my father which is not that far away, but my decision and determination was so strong that it felt like I move to another continent. Today I am fine with my mom, we see each other once a week, I don't see my sister that often, but I decided not to see my grandmother, two of my cousins, uncle and many other poor souls. And it is not
    because I hate them, some of the best moments of my life were spent with them, no
    doubt. Now it's been 5-6 years since I saw them, and my grandmother is only getting older, and when she dies I probably won't be with her, if my cousins get pregnant I
    probably won't be there. On the other hand if I a get a women pregnant they won't be there. It is sad for me to thing about this, but it will end up something like that. Now my mom has a boyfriend and he lives with her, I have never met him nor I ever will, not at least on purpose (not sure how he looks like). And that guy has a son that is
    sleeping on my now former bed, at least that is what I have heard. If I have something to say to you that is be careful how you build your family, and spend some time with them, more of you the better. I felt the need to share this with someone,
    if you have a similar story please share it, and feel free to say anything you like in the
    comments below.

Deleted Account and Jonny1992 like this.
  2. par·a·graph
    /ˈperəˌɡraf/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1. a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

onceaking likes this.
  3. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

You're retarded. Should have read the story.

4. safa61947

safa61947 Fapstronaut

That's quite a story. It's told that hardships build character, you seem to have a strong one. I wish you all the good things on the second / later part of your life.

5. captain honest

Thank you for reading, and try to learn from my mistake.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

What a waste of a reply.

@captain honest - sorry to read your story, really sad.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  7. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Thats a sad story, sorry for you and your father. Hows your father dealing with all this?

8. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Respect for being that open! Respect!

the best thing would have been if your parents would have found peace and did not divorce!

and now in your Situation peace with your family. That would be great!

9. captain honest

It's been 5-6 years since this drama happend and you have to move on, all of this have shocked him and his
    daughter (my sister) had a difficult relationship with him, because she took Mom's side. You know what is weird, my father as a young man have lived in the time of war, and his younger brother was in battlefield and he says that this divorce was
    equally if not more stressful than a war. You know what the bible says: there is something worse than death and it is an evil woman

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Despicable me likes this.
  10. captain honest

Thank you for the support, and even if we would get all together it would not fell the same.

Jonny1992 likes this.
  11. LOL

Deadlihood likes this.
  12. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

Tuff story, Stay strong

captain honest likes this.
  13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

+1