1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to sell junk: ebay, pawn etc.?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brilliantidiot, Sep 26, 2019.

1. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

I've got some cheap junk I'm trying to sell. Where do you think I could get the highest price? I imagine I could get a higher price on ebay than the pawn shop but what about the cost of shipping? I'm a noob to all of this kind of thing.

Milenium likes this.
  2. brilliantidiot

I'm sure you are right. Unfortunately my stuff is less antique and more just junk. Stuff like an old rusty beach chair, an old baseball bat, etc.

I've also got some more expensive items such as my old leaf blower.

3. ebay takes 10% commission which is just over the top, I'd try Craigslist first. Etsy is another platform but idk if they charge fees

brilliantidiot likes this.
  4. brilliantidiot

Someone I know got shot from meeting a stranger from craigslist. Do you know if etsy is a face-to-face interaction? I'd rather ship it than risk meeting strangers from online tbh.

5. I do eBay its great! DM me and ill tell anyone about it.

6. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

Use a police station to do Craigslist meetups. Lately police departments have been setting up those areas to make them safer.

7. brilliantidiot

That;s a good idea!

Evig Faith likes this.
  8. I would recommend Facebook marketplace. I sell stuff on there all the time and my stuff usually sells pretty quick. And I generally meet people at a public market that's right across the street from my house. I don't have to go far, but I don't have to give out my address either.

9. Also, Facebook feels better than Craigslist to me, because you can look at the profiles of the people you're selling to and see if they look creepy. They also have rating systems where you rate the person you sold to afterward, so you can see if people have good ratings or not.

10. Milenium

Milenium New Fapstronaut

There are a lot of places online where you can sell junk. For most sellers, fees will be lower if you sell on eBay. If you only have a few items to sell, eBay is probably the better choice. It won't cost anything to list your items, and the little bit of work involved in setting up a listing won't matter much if you're only creating a couple of them. Also, eBay has partnerships with logistics providers to deliver the product, but I would recommend using the delivery service from https://www.sendungsverfolgungpost.de/de/. The quality of their delivery service is one of the highest in the industry and their prices are fair.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Meepo12 likes this.
  11. Meepo12

Meepo12 New Fapstronaut

Yeah, you just need to pick the one that fits you best.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021