1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Losers spawning recently.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Why are there so many pathetic losers appearing on here lately?

I'm serious.

NoFap is about improving your life and out of nowhere some crybabies started appearing trying to drag down others with their self-pity. They are even worse than the semen retention fanatics, at least they are confident in their nonesence.

2. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

Exactly! Especially with trolls and fake accounts pushing religious or political beliefs.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I haven't seen those, I have only seen the "My life is terrible therefore yours should be terrible too" kind.

4. Agreed. Being in a pretty good place mentally, I have really backed off cruising through forum posts recently for that reason so I don’t fall back into old thought patterns of negativity. Many of these people seem like they don’t want to put the work into improving their lives.

5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Maybe it's to make you feel better about yourself.

IbrahimViking likes this.
  6. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is difference between going to a AA meeting to stop drinking and going to AA meeting to whine about why you won't stop drinking. The second one is a loser.

8. I guess someday I'll get fed up with this forum too

9. They come in waves... Always have, always will. It's just an illusion.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

They do not want help, that is why I consider them losers, they just want to bring others down with them.

11. It's true that many people can't handle their current lifestyle and get really depressed and feel like they can't change this "unjust" and "cruel" world. They feel bad and they tend to pity themselves. It's not like they want to suffer but they don't feel able to change anything. It's a tough fight to change that perspective and accept that the world is just the world and its up to you how you feel about it. I did a lot of self pity myself. I blamed the odds and world. I thought there is fight against my natural fate that I need to win. But honestly... It's just in your head. Sure there can be difficult situations but ask yourself how much do your feelings influence your view ? Metacognition is something I did a lot but never just discovered a month ago. Its about the thinking about your thinking. I admit that using my time to drag someone out of a hole to help the person to get a new perspective is really difficult and something I am not really good at doing that. But improving your life requires the will to change your life without someone who tells you that you gotta do it or otherwise this or that will happen....

12. I know that feeling. I am/was the same. When I saw someone who whines about their problems and just pity then self I get angry because I was like them. And I want to become the opposite even more

Roady likes this.
  13. Well calling them losers is maybe a little harsh but there is a little truth in it. Those who talk instead of doing are not ready to accept the change and let go of the old known life. This can't be generalised but it was true for my oldself

14. MisterDirection

MisterDirection Fapstronaut

I think everyone has a right to vent and go around in circles, I'm good at it.

My issue is the people that constantly start new threads just to engage people and illicit arguments.

You want to vent and complain that's fine...but do a journal and keep doing it there so that I have to option to either engage or not pay attention at all

15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is nothing wrong with venting, I have done it here, but there is no point in venting and then reject any kind of advice and only accept the people who agree with the venting.

It is like breaking your arms, going to the hospital, scream in pain and say you are going to die, and when the help comes you tell them to get away so you can return to the screaming.