1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by shamrock19, Sep 28, 2019.

1. If you've been fapping heavily and for long time especially at your prime, that mess up your hormones and your brain chemistry. It will take a good 3 years without high stimulus compare to pmo to get back to normal. There is a nofap youtuber who was heavily addicted. It took him 2 years for nofap to make an impact and that shows on his demeanor.(speech, clear face, etc...)

Fenix Rising likes this.
  2. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Can you share his youtube channel please ?

3. "GoldJacketLuke"

Mithras likes this.
  4. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to read. All I can share with others are my own observations. I've done 15 months of monk mode in last 2 years and I thankfully don't experience acute withdrawal symptoms anymore. BUT I would be lying if I'd say abstention alone has cured my depression and social anxiety. It didn't. Should I rather write: Just hit 90 days reboot mark and heaven awaits you? I did write down what has helped me battle social anxiety: daily WIM HOF breathing/cold showers/aerobic exercise. If that's not constructive advice, I don't know what it is. Plus I always write that abstention is mandatory step to break addiction cycle, it's just not the magic bullet for all mental issues people are having.

Just for the sake of argument, I'm not making this thing up, here is an article from medical journal saying that addictive substance or behavior can be stress coping mechanism and things can get worse once removed:

"Loss of Coping
    In addition to these, another overlooked reason that people experience severe anxiety during withdrawal is because addictive substance (or compulsive addictive behavior) has caused them to lose their original coping ability. Stress coping is a skill - a skill that you may not even know you have. When you don't use the skill for a long enough time, you lose it.

That's where addiction can create a significant problem. Addictive substance is used by many as a strategy to cope with stress. But then they become dependent on it as a way of reducing stress. If they come to a point where they stop, they will have lost one of their most powerful coping resources and may struggle to find replacement coping strategies."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Mithras likes this.
  5. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

1. Living life without social anxiety is possible. You "just" have to face your fears and develop coping strategies to deal with it. I wrote you mine -> Sep 15, 2019, but you need to figure out what works best for you. We're all unique, there is no right answer for all.
    2. Very true. Don't let social anxiety stop you from living fulfilling life. Vivian Green once said: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
    -> https://philosiblog.com/2013/07/31/...pass-its-about-learning-to-dance-in-the-rain/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  6. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Sometimes anxiety can increase and there is seemingly no reason for it. We can have ups and downs with our anxiety. It is common with anxiety to expect that we’ll be ‘cured’ which means we no longer experience it. I’m not sure that is ever possible. Part of anxiety getting better is to not be as worried about it when we do experience it.