1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 years today!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Uphillfighter22, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Uphillfighter22

Uphillfighter22 Fapstronaut

2 years ago I was lost, held bondage by PMO, and wanted out. Today, I'm proud to say that I've been clean for 2 years. 2 years! My wife and parents have supported me throughout. This would not have been possible without them. My Christian faith anchored me through some heavy storms-none of this would have been possible without clinging to my faith in God. Obviously everyone has to find their own way so I encourage all of you just starting out to find meaning and purpose, because there is greener pasture beyond PMO. Life is better without PMO.

Keep on pushing, keep on standing. You don't get less aftaid, but you get braver!

Cheers!

2. Koloopqe

Koloopqe Fapstronaut

Happy for you! :)
    Thank God people like you exist. To show us it's possible

3. Wow!! 2 years! This is insane. How do you feel?

4. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

Praise God. Congratulations, brother.

5. Beautiful message...and hope filled for us all!

6. Wow, 2 years is a brilliant achievement. I'm sure you feel a lot closer to your wife and God now.

7. Uphillfighter22

It feels great! But it is not something you can take for granted or take a break from. Staying clean takes effort and desire! It's daily communion away from PMO =)

8. Address007

Address007 Fapstronaut

Amazing. Congratulations OP

9. 1. Did you go through PAWS or a long flatline in your nofap journey? If so, were they gradually or nom linear?

2. How long and severe were you? If so, How long it takes to completely get rid of urges and brain fog?

control your life and bpboy1993 like this.
  10. bpboy1993

bpboy1993 Fapstronaut

I am also curious to know how long until the urges and brain fog left you

11. I still have brain fog but rarely urges.

12. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

13. Uphillfighter22

I did go through PAWS after 6 months i would say. Urges and brain fog took about 3-4, maybe 5 months. Of course you have to remember progress is subjective and non linear. I have days when i struggle, those days i really need to stay positive.

It takes hard work and intentionality. I was dieting hard when i first started, which didn't match too well with my condition. In fact, it was horrible. I would eat good meals, stay off of caffeine and exercise.

I also "meditate" daily. By meditate i mean reading and prayer. When i first started it was 45-60 minutes of meditation. Nowadays I dedicate 20-30 minutes daily to meditation and quietness. Regardless of what you believe, there is stock in meditation. Read a book, memorize something, listen to some positive songs, etc.

I also still hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week. Exercise is very important. We're here to heal and improve our minds, we also need to do the same for our body.

Anyways, I've rambled on a bit. Essentially, this was/is my recipe for my own journey. You will progress, but it's like the stock market-there will be highs and lows but the trend should be upward!

14. Good man!
    I'm 14 months in and the lows still outweight the highs man. Addiction was heavy and severe.

15. Congrats

16. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Congrats man ! Very well done . 2 years is amazing . Keep strong!

Uphillfighter22 likes this.
  17. santorini

santorini Fapstronaut

way to go myan!

18. Uphillfighter22

You are in the right place though, don't give up! 14 months is amazing!

19. Elite_Warrior

Elite_Warrior Fapstronaut

:emoji_muscle: Strong Man......
    congratulations.