1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Heart palpitations on nofap

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Fallensoldier1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

I will start off saying I’m 31, 6 foot and 180 lbs I am moderately active and do strength training. I eat pretty decent but not totally clean.

On nofap I have had some heart palpitations. It can be scary. It’s only happened a few times, so far, and sometimes a week or two apart. But it almost feels like my heart has skipped a beat or something. Some people have also said it could have been my chest muscle twitching. My blood pressure has also gone up on nofap which is also not normal for me. I’ve always been told it was 120ish/80 at the doctor. Now it fluctuates a lot from 125, and sometimes has gotten to 142.

obviously my stress and anxiety levels are huge on nofap as well. I can’t handle stress or anxiety right now. Super anxious and mood swings for sure.

I have had issues similar to this on my last streak and I had a EKG, blood work, and x ray done and they found nothing except a irregular heart beat and they had me wear a monitor for two days but said it was fine. I’m also wondering if that could have been from nofap. This was all over a year or so and I have been freaking out thinking the worst and they didn’t find anything then but something could be wrong now.

I take magnesium supplements before bed, that’s supposed to be good for your heart, and used to take fish oil and ran out a few months back, I purchased some more today.

I just want to see if other people have had similar issues or not.

Ezpz likes this.
  2. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

The heart palpitations may not be linked here. I have had them for a very long time and im 25 years old, have been fit my whole life. They are no cause for concern but if you are worried about them i would consult a doctor for peace of mind.

I always have similar symptoms related to stress though, anxiety and stress can be high for no reason at all and heart rate goes up. All part of initial withdrawal i think and they are usually the worst from 25-60 days for me personally, though they fluctuate in severity (some days are okay).

You are going well on 40 days anyways so i would give it a few weeks and see if symptoms change.

hope that helps

Fallensoldier1 likes this.
  3. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

thank you for your reply! It is odd I never really had them though until nofap. I have heard some say they had it as a issue too.
    How often do you have yours? How long do they last? Do you take anything or do anything for them?

Ezpz likes this.
  4. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

Now that i think about it they might have reduced since starting nofap. Though i started 3 years ago so it may be unrelated also.

I would my heart beat very hard for maybe 1 or 2 beats and then soft sort of. It would usually happen once a week or so? hard to say really. I dont take anything for it. I might also add i get heartburn also from eating too much acid based foods like tomato sauces etc.

5. They are normal and shouldn't be alarming. I've experienced heart palpitations during frequent relapsing, but it's all already gone on my 9th day.

6. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Could be acid reflux. I've heard that it could sometimes feel like panic in the chest area. Try taking Pepcid in the evening for about a week and see if anything changes.

7. Ezpz

Ezpz Fapstronaut

Nope is definitely heartburn as it is hereditary. All i take is apple cider vinegar every so often and that does the job

Mistersofty likes this.
  8. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

Stop Scareing people with your symptoms go to doctor or talk to priest ask God for forgiveness and pray

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  10. Burning star

Burning star Fapstronaut

Y
    Yes, I have been there too, it is a pure withdrawal, it’s all about your brain, don’t panic and DO NOT RELAPSE it is a sign that your brain is on recovery process, your dopamine levels are shut down and your body experiences high stress, you should pop a champagne you’re getting on another level of recovery. Just embrace it and soon you will find it will fade away. Wish you huge success