Cold Showers in Winter

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wilde°, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Is it recommended? Maybe more warmer? Also do you take your shower super cold?

Hello Friend likes this.
  2. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Fapstronaut

I hate cold water but a few months ago (winter where I live) I went to the beach where I live at about 1 AM, stripped down to my undies and ran into the freezing water, dove in and quickly ran out.

It was good to confront my fear(s) and I felt amazing afterwards. Not only does your body warm up quickly but you just feel physically and mentally refreshed. After reading about many people on this forum doing cold showers I think I might give it a go, I dunno if I really will considering my hatred of cold water but here's hoping.

3. tbird

tbird Fapstronaut

Go as cold as you can stand it, and then a little more.

4. PancanBoy

PancanBoy Fapstronaut

I take ice baths year-round.

Pay attention to your body. If I feel a very very deep shiver that's been going for what I feel is too long, I'll get out and warm up.

5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Yes, it is strongly recommended (despite the winter creeping in on us in the Northern-hemisphere) since it will harden/temper your body to the outside temperatures even better and boost your immune-system a lot. I am taking my showers on the coldest temp possible right now (7-8°C approx) for 2-3 minutes, switch to warmer (for washing) for 45 seconds and then back to the coldest for another 60-75 seconds.
    There are still some showers I have stepped into (not my own) with water pouring out at freezing 2-3°C (with almost ice-crystals coming out) but that is literally so cold and painful that I am on the verge of crying, so it will take some more time before I get used to that.
    I can recommend even stronger going for an outdoor swim in a nearby lake/ocean (if available) since that will temper you even better (and faster). Just make sure you have some warm clothes with you since it will take some time to warm up afterwards. I was going for a short swim in the Norwegian town of Tromsö last summer (in 5-6°C sea-water) which felt cold but very refreshing afterwards.

Force Majeure and AlphaGod like this.
  6. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

I - as a beginner at NoFap - have already implemented partly cold showers in my Daily Routine. First I am taking a Shower at normal heat. At the end of the Shower I am showering especially Legs, Arms & Head with the coldest temperature available. I definitely feel more awake after this. Another possible Idea is, to decrease the temperature from time to time.