1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Checking in. Having running conversations in my mind, questioning my brain, keeping myself on path. Going to re-read Pema Chodron’s book on Shenpa (the Hook) now!

control your life and artifact like this.
  2. Happy for you! 100 days is right around the corner.

3. The group is full but I can add you to the waiting list if you like, but it will be several months before we have an opening for you. Reply to this comment to be added to the waiting list.

control your life likes this.
  4. Yes you do. The 90 day achievement is irrevocable.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  5. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

the strong urges are comming every time we relapse . i think its even worst than loosing semen retention from one O.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  6. control your life

Dont loose your streak easily friend ! Things will get better and the urges less and less , if careful .The toughest is first 100 days , you almost have done that . It will be very wise of you to continue now with less efford. You have been saved now , but prepare mentally for a battle becouse it will happen again some day . And if you are not ready , you might not be so lucky next time !How to prepare - make and follow emergency plan ! I consider a relapse after big streak to be maybe biggest mistake of my life ! All the best friend !

7. control your life

check in saturday , medium urges , no naps during the day helps me to fell asleep quicker at night . its a big weapon!

artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  8. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Check in. Life goes on.

Deleted Account and artifact like this.
  9. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Check in... the Friday storm is over. I almost relapsed into M, but caught myself taking a wrong turn. I even considered edging, but I stopped way way before I had any sensations.

I even asked myself if this is the beginning of the end of my streak. Last time at the end of my streak (back in June) I started to look at P images, which undid me. I have absolutely no urges now. I hope this will blow over.

Friday evenings are the worst. Thankfully now my life is so different (two kids instead of one) that I barely have time for myself on Fridays.

10. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Honestly, one of the reasons I did not relapse yesterday was this place... thinking of telling you guys that I f-ed up was just too much! Thanks for rooting for me and good luck to you too!

11. helpmelord111

helpmelord111 Fapstronaut

Count me in .
    Gosh this platform
    Is not user friendly - quite shite

control your life and NICEDUDE like this.
  12. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

13. control your life

check in sunday ! enjoy the end of the week pmo free way fellas!
    pmo is a death trap !!!

Deleted Account, Timber and artifact like this.
  14. Despicable me

15. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Day 11 and feeling free!

Deleted Account, Timber and artifact like this.
  16. Despicable me

Fastforwarded one erotic movie in netflix.
    Im not resetting my counter, I admit that it was foolish and weak of me, but no PMO. Next time I will reset my counter, if I do that again. Right now I think if I zero my counter ill give up. Im still on no PMO.
    I leave it for you guys to decide, do you leave this streak going on for me in ranking or not. Im continuing my journey anyways. Right now I think honesty is most important for me than ranking.

GottaBFree, Timber and NICEDUDE like this.
  17. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Back to the beginning - the weekends are so much a mislead, as was mentioned a few posts ago @Despicable me. Can anyone start us off on any strategies for Saturday mornings onwards?

GottaBFree likes this.
  18. Sorry to see that some of you guys did not make it past the weekend. It appears that I am finally back on track. Nofap is truly like a rocket taking off, a lot of energy and effort is required in the first few days but as you get higher things get easier. A sense of calmness settles in and you no longer feel controlled by your urges. To me that is a great motivation that helps me, compared to the terrible feeling of endless relapses. Another thing that I keep in mind is that P and M are addictions to brain chemicals like dopamine, not biological necessities. Your brain may tell you to give in, but the truth is you have a choice. If you wait it out, the urges will pass and you will be reinforcing the new mindset you want for your life. I know that's lot of preaching for a guy with only 7 days, but I feel it is my duty to help nudge the group in the right direction. Keep trying, no matter what Yoda says! :D

19. Day 2. After an 8 day hardmode streak.

Fell in a heap on Saturday night at about 7:30pm, was particularly ugly this time, sculled a couple of beers and began surfing.

The enemy sowing thoughts in my head all day of a particular p***s***, its dumbfounding how literally stupid and zombie like I become not paying attention to those thoughts crushing them then and there, rather I shrugged them off - careless thinking. 1 Peter 5:8 "Be alert and of a sober mind."

Later on I couldn't sleep as a demon was in my bedroom, didn't realise until I turned the light off and tried to sleep, put fear in my heart and I had to turn the light back on and start reading the Word and repenting big time, told it to get out...my own stupid fault because I basically invited it in - having my laptop open on my bed scrolling through pictures and videos for over two hours long is giving legal right for lustful demons to show up with a welcome light on...they are like, "Hey loser, we own you, you belong to us, your behaviour is so darn predictable." The demonic presence like that hasn't happened for a long time but it was a good wakeup call as the fear that thing brought into my room wasn't something anyone wants to experience.

Deciding to get off the computer more and off TV also. Please pray for me.

Hope you are all remaining strong.

Blessings.

20. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 4. No issues over the weekend. Way to busy for that!
    Quite depressing being in single digits again. I’m longing for that clarity that comes from the higher double digit streaks. Time to get back there!

WilBil99 likes this.