1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Reading List

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by staticboy, Aug 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PeterBE

PeterBE Fapstronaut

Think and grow rich of course, think big and kick was by Trump, the stanislavski trilogy if you're curious to learn how actors prepare themselves for their roles

staticboy likes this.
  2. ifthecoppertubes

ifthecoppertubes Fapstronaut

I recommend "Amusing Ourselves to Death" by Neil Postman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amusing_Ourselves_to_Death

Neil Postman shows how successive improvements in media technology have reshaped the public discourse, and how entertainment (dopamine) is increasingly favored over useful content.
    It was written in the 80s, so it focuses on the dominant technology at that time (Television), but he anticipates things that are quite relevant now.

staticboy likes this.
  3. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

4. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

If i have to read one book for the rest of my life i would read "as the man thinkith " by James Allen.

It has got everything you need to succeed.
    I have listened to it 1000 times or more and i still find new gems every time.

staticboy likes this.
  5. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Not the first time I've been recommended this, so on to the reading list it goes! Thank you.

6. Great choices of books to read. :)
    Heres mine if you are wondering.

Books I want to read:
    • An Edited Life
    • Gettings Thing Done
    • 21 Lessons From The 21st Century
    • 12 Rules For Life
    • The Little Book of Ikigai
    Books I want to reread:
    • Deep Work
    • Digital Minimalism
    • Atomic Habits

7. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Thanks for your choices! Pretty sure I’ve come across An Edited Life before so have a look at that, and the others too.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Another recommendation, this time from @Marlonxxx, that I'm going to add to my pile. Apparently this one is religious so will make interesting reading for my secularism.

[​IMG]
    The Road Less Travelled
    by M. Scott Peck

9. Digital minimalism sounds interesting! I'll add it to my TBR.

staticboy likes this.
  10. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Yeah, definitely a good one if you'd like to reduce the amount of time wasted on internet/social media/phone time. It turned out to be an interesting read with quite a lot of historical research, rather than a short and simple checklist of things to do, e.g., delete apps from your phone, close your social media accounts, etc., etc. Certainly made me (and still makes me) evaluate what technology I use, what for and for how long.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Shikaiii

Shikaiii Fapstronaut

The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck
    this one is a great choice. Currently im reading this and i must say i enjoy it :-D.
    I also would recommend sun tzu´s art of war. gives alot of advise u can use daylie in many situations.

staticboy and Deleted Account like this.
  12. Nice. Can I share a tweet I just saw? Ya I'm back on Twitter. Since you might still be a boy this might appeal to you or not,

Reading for ~5 hours a day for 2 years completely rewires your brain. If you did it as a child, you’re already smart & may believe it’s innate talent instead of stored effort. If you didn’t, you won’t be able to try the experiment as an adult unless you suddenly get “rich”.

13. Sun Tzu! Awesome! Ever read Chuang Tzu? Not to mention Lao Tzu. Some other Tzu's for you.

14. Dude who reads 5 hours a day? I say 2 is more than enough.

15. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

Finished EVERYTHING IS F*CKED last week. Have now moved on to this:

[​IMG]
    12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
    by Jordan B. Peterson

river tree star likes this.