1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

3 Pieces of advice to your Younger self

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Throwing this out to the community.
    Just want to know what pieces of advice people would give a younger version of themselves. Hoping that some of the older heads of the community could drop some of the younger people some dimes.
    Cheers team

Ajax_SC likes this.
  2. 1. Courage is a matter of facing fear, not being fearless. Bravery and fearlessness are two different things.

2. Patience is the key to many things, but sometimes it's futile and you have to make it happen yourself.

3. Too much arrogance or humility will destroy you.

getbetter73, Ajax_SC and Asgardian36 like this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

1. You.
    2. Little.
    3. F***.

4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

1. Everyone in this world has their own place. Accept yourself and be proud of who you are. If you are different from others, thats okey. If you want to travel alone, thats ok. Be comfortable with yourself.
    2. Have a habit....anything, sports, playing a musical instrument, speaking a foreign language...anything besides fucking up your time with TV, movies and video games, have a hobby!
    3. Everyday is a gift. Dont let people get you down. Do something awesome everyday!

Protagonist, Hello Friend and Ajax_SC like this.
  5. That made me laugh :D

AlphaGod likes this.
  6. Mine

1. Courage: This one still needs work, but if you ever wanted to do something, you have to prepare to risk whatever it is; Humiliation, money, pride etc... Nothing good ever came from playing it safe.

2. Consistency: This one falls inline with hardwork, but just show up. You don't have to put 100% into everything, but being reliable and consistent goes a long way to building habits, achieving goals and ultimately success.

3. Stop Complaining: You have it good. It could be a lot worse, and you even experienced. Just focus on now, not past not present, just now.

Thanks for the responses team, hoping this goes to help others out there.

YoungBaller23 and Hello Friend like this.
    1. Relationships matter. Both family and friends. Make sure you're investing in others. Date to find out what you want in a partner and to gain experience.
    2. Do more than you're expected to. Invest in extracurriculars and hobbies. Also, science, history, literature and language are useful. You're sitting in the class anyway, so you might just pay attention.
    3. Realize how extremely fortunate are you to be alive. Don't say no to any challenges, there's nothing to lose. Don't be afraid and have fun.

getbetter73 likes this.
  7. Itsmenayana

Itsmenayana Fapstronaut

Plan your career.

8. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

1. Be nicer to others. Some of these people are actually really nice and will matter very much to you in the future. Just because you have become stronger and can do shit that your sadistic side wants to doesn't mean it's okay. Get some moral standards and hold yourself accountable to them.

2. You have figured out that you have a tendency to get overly emotional, but supressing your emotions to the point where you can't bond with people isn't a solution. It will come back to you. Learn to face your feelings and handle them maturely. You are going to have the worst times of your life dealing with this shit if you don't deal with it now.

3. Be yourself and express yourself freely. Appearing cool isn't worth it if it's faked. The only way to improve yourself is to actually try being yourself for a while and seeing what you're doing wrong. Also listen more to your heart and less to what others tell you is smartest thing to do. Your life doesn't have to seem smart to other people, just live it as you want to.

YoungBaller23 likes this.
  9. Mad-Hatter

Mad-Hatter Fapstronaut

1. Realize your assumptions about your being
    2. Find the truth about it (Listen to your heart)
    3. Be brave enough to act according to that truth

10. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

To my ten year old self:
    1. Don't search "naked girls" on google images, I know it sounds like a good idea, but trust me it isn't
    2. Stop playing Halo and make actual friends
    3. Don't play outside in your underwear when it's 10 degrees because you almost die

santorini and Mad-Hatter like this.
  11. Ooft :eek:, the second one hit close to home, but I get that replacing one bad habit with another is still pretty detrimental.

C12345 likes this.
  12. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

I'm still gonna play Infinite when it comes out, 4 and 5 almost ruined Halo for me

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. youraverageguy

youraverageguy Fapstronaut

1. Love others even when it hurts to
    2. Love yourself
    3. Don't seek an artificial, temporary form of "love" through PMO

14. TheGr8Mattsby

TheGr8Mattsby Fapstronaut

So many but if I only had 3:

1. Save money. Pretty self explanatory but if you start very young even with a small amount every month your future self will really thank you.

2. Assume you will continue living. Might sound weird but I did a lot of self-destructive things with an "I don't care what tomorrow brings" or YOLO attitude. Unfortunately that will bite you in the ass in the long run.

3. Choose Your Career Wisely. It is way harder than you think to change careers, and becomes harder as you age. At some point all work is work and you're unlikely to find a job you love everyday (though I am still an optimist on that front).

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I thought he is the one giving advices :D:D:D

16. 1. Don't let anyone manipulate or control you. Stand up for yourself.

2. Don't ever talk about someone behind their back, ever. If you want to say something negative about a person, say it to them directly. If you can't do that, then don't say anything at all.

3. Treat women with the same respect as men. Don't ever look at them as sex objects. Look at them as fellow human beings that deserve to be treated with dignity.

YoungBaller23 likes this.