1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

i Need Gains

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Khufu, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i may try that with my milk if i remember

2. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    so for cardio i got the tank i push then battle ropes, im not trying to lose wieght i just want the blood pumping, heart rate up, lungs beating

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

This is really unmotivating. Is there a way to gain muscle mass without having a diet. Food is not abundant here.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    your gonna have to go hunting for food, grow some vegatables cause muscle growth needs food

5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    if i were you id go hunt for goats. maybe plant some potatoes im not a gardener but growing up me mom use to grow potatoes in the yard

6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    maybe you can find someone you dont like an steal his camel an eat that too, theres always something to eat

7. I'm sorry but it's the truth. Think of your body as a house, you need all of the required building supplies such as bricks and wood to build it. Without it, you can't build the house no matter how many machines and tools you have. It's the same with your body, in order to build muscle you need all of the required nutrients such as protein which can only be obtained by eating food. Without it, your muscles can't grow no matter how much you workout. If you want your house to be bigger, you need more building supplies; if you want your muscles to be bigger, you need more food.

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dammit.

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Most plantlife here is not for consumption. There is only cacti and some parasite tree that is everywhere. Everything else will die due to lack of water.
    Most if not all the wildlife is almost extinct. It was hunted down by other people of died of thirst.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    so you live in desert can you buy night vision goggles ,you can go hunting for scorpions lizzards etc at night its safe cause then you well see them walking or sitting or laying, and while your out there heres some ideas included on video

Recreatio and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    got to make it habit to stop off at the specality meat store pick up buffalo,, There are many health benefits of eating buffalo. Rich in flavor, low in fat and high in protein, buffalo meat is an ideal substitute for beef in your favorite recipes. Bison meat is lower in calories and cholesterol than beef, pork, turkey, skinless chicken and even some fish

12. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi! :)

I have not read every single post in this thread, but will try to give you some advice from my personal experience.

-compound exercises are very important when you want to get bigger (deadlift, squat, benchpress, etc). Other exercises are good too ofcourse, but the compund exercises works on the bigger muscles.

-Track how much you eat. I am seriouse, you may think you eat enough - but a lot of the time people want to gain, but don't track what they eat, they are just eating until they feel full. A lot of my friends have done this mistake. I suggest that you use an app to follow your calorice intake, and make sure you are 500+ calories each day. Don't go above because then you will just gain more fat. (NOTE: you will gain some fat most likely while gaining).
    (A lot of my friends, that did not use an app while gaining, thougth they ate enough, but had very slow/or no progress at all, then they started to track their intake and it all changed for the better).

-Drink a lot of water. At least for me it helps me feel easier hungry, more often. If you drink soda/water with "bubbles", you feel less hungry. Same with caffine, it makes you less hungry.

-Some people are against a lot of supplements. But at least for me, and other people I know who wants to gain, protein shake + mutant mass shakes helps a lot. With a mutant mass shake you will get a very high calorice intake + high carbs + high protein. Don't be afraid of carbs while gaining (but don't over eat it too).

-Watch you weigth, at least every week. Make sure you add 0.5 kgs per week (500+ calories each day). I know the mirror is whats tells you what you want to look like, but watching weigth is important to know how much you should/should not eat.

This is only from my personal experience, which have worked for a lot of my friends, and me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  13. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    thanks for the input i try cut my coffee off at afternoon, i really need my caffeine in the mornings ,im making it a habit to eat when i dont feel full no more, my personal trainer is trying to set up a online food intake log book ,when or what i eat i just log it in,then she well review an see what needs tweaking , i drink only water an couple cups of coffee no sugar during 40 hour work weeks,im on the look out for a good protein supplement powder ,i hear a equation that is what i should be eatting for protein is, calculate it to what ever my wieght is, 1.5 gram of protein to every pound i stand at, so 134 lbs makes it i should be eatting atleast 200 grams protein a day

14. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    my body recovery from recent work outs are hitting me hard at work, slowing my process , i need to move fast but i cant it feels like theres heavy thing tied to my arms an legs, if i wasnt working i dont mind i can relax and go for brisk walk but thats not the situation at work i need to hustle and bustle ,im placing cold showers in the rotation see if it speeds the recovery

15. the alpha project

the alpha project Fapstronaut

Truth.

16. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    today i had session with personal trainer,and we are setting up a online program where we log what we eat daily, so im setting it up with her and she sent the confirmation link to my email and stuff, im using their computer by the way, my personal trainer likes be up an close, right in peoples bubble is where she prefers i guess , ,so she sent the request then i sign in to my email on their computer an shes standing right beside me looking, telling me what it should say an in my inbox unread nofap alerts where right there , for all to see, with other emails but i dont know what to think or feel, what well she think of me now that im on nofap, what would regular people think of this, that we have problem or something i dont know if i should feel embrassed or a trouble person or what ,atleast my email isnt what it use to be, it use to have tons of P site sign up emails, an newsletters an all types of p stuff in my email in my past but its a clean email box now, idont know what to thinks

17. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    :oops:how does something like this happen

18. I've actually done a decent bit of research in regards to protein synthesis and from what I've read your figure is waaaaay high.

The research I've looked at actually shows that in professional athletes their body can synthesize up to 6-7 grams of protein per lb of body weight. Traditional "bro-science" rounds up to 1 gram per lb probably because it's easy to remember and to calculate. Nowhere have I ever seen 1.5 grams per lb, that's way excessive.

However excess protein isn't really going to hurt you, except maybe low quality protein powders which will eventually start fucking with your kidneys.

{Ananta} likes this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    im noticing im just making it up to the line of the recommended calorie ,protein daily intake ,so i well be investigating the best powders for me, i dont want cheap junk i need the quality stuff ,im not sure if my trainer reviewed my log i well see her recommendations

20. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    ive been eatting bars for years ,recently ive been eatting clifbars feeling good about my choice but now im rethinking ,ive been watching videos from nutritionists, dietitians an they dont promote calorie bars , protien bars but if its a must then do your research an me cautious