1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Steps

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by teece, Oct 8, 2019.

1. teece

teece Fapstronaut

Hi All,
    I'm from the UK, aged 54.
    I've been married for 20+ years and have two sons.
    I've suffered from PM addictions for many years, I've stopped for days, weeks and months, but always seem to find a way to fail.

It's time for me to change and stop completely. I'm doing this for me, for my wife and sons, to be the best husband and father that I can be.

I feel trapped by myself and don't know where to turn to. I can't tell my wife I think she would be devastated and I don't feel able to share with anyone else. I thought about seeing a counsellor just to get things off my chest to see if they could help.

But then I discovered this site, and I'm just hoping that you guys can help me to straighten myself out.

I'm eight days into being PM free and hope this is the new start for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the resource.

2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links toget you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | DayCounter| Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules |Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

3. mattyjsy

mattyjsy Fapstronaut

Hey man welcome. Many of us have nobody we can tell about this addiction and are in the same boat as you. We're all here to help and offer support wherever we can, and people here are all very non judgemental, we all have the same problem, so we lean on each other and work through it. You have a very noble motivation, to be a better husband and father, really cant have a better reason than that, all the best in your journey

internetpioneer likes this.
  4. teece

teece Fapstronaut

Thanks for making me feel welcome, hoping that I can find the support, resources and some backbone to make changes stick permanently. Glad I'm not alone, thanks for the support.

5. mattyjsy

mattyjsy Fapstronaut

You absolutely can and will make the necessary changes, you just gotta get serious about it and never lose sight of your initial motivations for quitting, it's funny how you seem to forget your reasons in the midst of intense urges to pmo