1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I went on a date with this girl...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Max666, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

and there was no connection at all. It's hard to say this without sounding pompous but she just wasn't intellectually compatible and I felt sorry for her cause she really did try to engage but didn't have enough deep interests in things largely because of her lifestyle and education.
    I want to know what would you do in this situation? I'm not attracted to her, there's no spark but I feel if I took her out again it would bring a smile to her face and not make her seem so rejected and inadequate....and after that I'll tell her I'm leaving the state or something. I just feel really bad about it. I dont wanna have sex with her because as I said, there's really nothing there, just a sympathy date, for lack of a better term.

2. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

If you don't feel the spark, there's no need for you to date her again, or for you to feel bad. This is all part of the dating process. Just send her a text saying something like, "Hi [name], thank you for spending time with me the other night, but I didn't feel that there was chemistry between us, so I'll leave it there and wish you all the best in your future dating". This is standard. She'll be disappointed, yes, but it makes things clear, then she can move on and find someone else who she does have that spark with. That's just the way it goes.

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

There might not be a right way to reject someone, but there are plenty of wrong ways. Lying and pretending are some of the worst ways to go on about it. Just be honest about it. You can try to be polite and even compliment her, but the sad reality is that there's no way for you not to hurt her feelings. Just be honest and do the best you can and move on with your life.

1978 likes this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut