1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

this is off topic completely

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by GSM, Oct 10, 2019.

1. GSM

GSM Fapstronaut

i broke up with my girlfriend 6 months ago for religious reasons, we spoke on and off during these 6 months, i still love her and she still loves me, i tried to move on with another girl( a girl ive dreamed of getting with since i was 15 im now 20) but she just wasn't as good, like family wise shes perfect no religious issues nothing, but i just kept comparing her to my ex and without being big headed i know i can get my ex back but i dont know if i should, like i connect with her in such a different way, nothing is embarrassing between us and i just really love her but religions are just so complex, i just miss her

2. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Like you said man, you’ve got to move on. I’ve seen the religion get in the way a couple times with my friend’s relationships. It never ends pretty. Just know that if they try to have you convert or something then she is not a keeper. Which religion is she?

FX-05 likes this.
  3. GSM

GSM Fapstronaut

shes a sikh, im christian, we both respect eachother enough and accept eachothers relgions but its bringing up kids we're worried about

4. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

I don’t want to let you down man, but I don’t think that it could work out if you plan to go beyond being boyfriend and girlfriend. This is mainly because her religion is much more strict compared to Christianity/Catholicism etc. The difference of religion can also cause tension between you and her family. I personally would not change my religion since my religion is easy going and isn’t strict or stubborn like other religions. I might be wrong though. Hope this helps.

GSM likes this.