1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

List of causes for wet dreams

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by hippo, Oct 13, 2019.

1. hippo

hippo Fapstronaut

I am making a list of points for possible reasons for wet dreams (the main ones at least).

1.lust
    2.lack of meditation
    3.anger
    4.stress
    5.spicy and over salted food.
    6.lack of sleep as well as over sleeping.
    7. Probably not following a fixed daily routine as well.
    8.previous bad habits(the toughest to overcome).

Can we all continue this list and help each other out in curbing wet dream

Jack1211 and akashs like this.
  2. akashs

akashs Fapstronaut

A great list, specially the 6th point. It's difficult to realize that lack of sleep can also cause wet dreams until you experience the dreaded.

3. Jack1211

Jack1211 Fapstronaut

I never had a wet dream in my whole life

4. Mike9210

Mike9210 Fapstronaut

The number one cause of wet dreams is thinking and fantasizing about sex and anything related to it during the day and getting tense while holding back (without O'ing). The best cure is to keep your mind busy with other tasks and totally forget about anything related to sex. The only time you have to worry about is when you actually have a partner. Even when you do, you shouldn't think about it, you should get in on the act, so to speak (if you do anticipate sex without O'ing even with your partner you will most likely have a wet dream). Think of it like this. Do you ever obsessively think about what you're gonna eat throughout the day? No, you just eat when you're hungry. It should be the same as far as sex is considered. It should happen spontaneously. If you keep making plans to make love with your partner without implementing them, you will have a wet dream most likely.

5. coldhearted

coldhearted Fapstronaut

For me it's number 1 and 6, I could also add lack of exercise, too much screen time, fantasizing about people I know, video games (nudity included), movies (nudity included), no healthy diet, overthinking, procrastination, less productivity.

Also on a more positive note, to stop wet dreams you can avoid sleeping on your stomach. Try sleeping on your side or back. Drinking tea before bed can also help your body relax and prevent wet dreams. (may not affect everyone the same way though.)

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

And the devil. Don't forget the devil. He causes most wet dreams.

Hold it in likes this.