1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is it to be a man? Self-Reflection to a post...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FailingForward, Oct 14, 2019.

1. FailingForward

FailingForward Fapstronaut

I recently came across a NoFap brother who questioned his masculinity and what it meant to be a man. I commented on it, and this is what something that helps me attempt to answer my role as a man.

"There is no wrong or right way to be a man. It seems to be that you're comparing
    yourself to men that you may want/glorify to be like. There is struggle behind the faces of every man. You already are a man and by nature you already possess the qualities of one brother. The problem is not external, but I believe it's internal. I have personally encountered this and what helps me is silence. Straight silence, and I let life just happen and whatever happens I let it happen. A man who really is trying to be a better man would use this website (as you are). A man would actually post to the website (as you are), and a man would try to better himself (as you are). Brother, I think your greatest battle is with time and with silence. The qualities you seek are there and are prevalent simply through a post. Let silence be your guidance because that usually lets the process of life happen."

FailingForward

Deleted Account and randomguy90 like this.