1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm old and I still don't get it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Why is adult humor more childish than regular humor? Has anyone else noticed that?
    Most adult humor programs are about saying sexual stuff and that's it. When I was a child I thought I would see why people think they are funny (Sex jokes of that kind) but I still don't find them funny. And it somehow works because that kind of stuff keep appearing, so that means a reasonable amount of people are watching it and possibly enjoying it. Maybe is because I know nothing about sex but it still aplies.

Milhouse Van Houten likes this.
  2. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Fapstronaut

What do Lord of the Rings and Brokeback Mountain have in common?

They both go to a mountain to destroy a ring.

3. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I never watched Brokeback Mountain and I have no desire too but I remember when that movie came out and the jokes were endless.

4. You hit the nail on the head man. 100%. Also, Tucker Carlson is a badass.

Get_It likes this.
  5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Why do people have to get politics into everything they find? I've had conversations about video games and sudently someone saying out of nowhere "Dude you remember that gun in Halo? We need that gun to kill the president/prime minister/emperor/king. I don't pay taxes."

Dude.

Politics make everyone unhappy, except politicians. Why turn a neutral conversation into a "I hate this kind of people" thing? Aren't adults supposed to understand that not everyone has to agree with them? I have family members who has been aproached by neighbors saying "You voted for Kang? Facist/Hippie! You should have voted for Kodos!"

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. I believe that everyone has a right to their opinion. And i also believe that others dont have to agree with me on my opinions. And im totally fine with that. Unfortunately, a lot of people dont feel this way.

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Did you ever had an arguement when you were a kid about who was stronger than who? In my case it was Goku and Naruto (Goku is stronger). Now I am old and I see the same exact arguement everywhere but with politicians instead of fictional characters.

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

You might enjoy a podcast called The Why Factor. They ask and investigate why people do what they do. Some of the shows look at why people swear, why people laugh and why do women wear high heels. What they tend to do is start with history as they look for evidence of the first person to do such a thing and then trace how the activity evolved.

As for essay writing, that question is asked on Quora and there's some pretty good answers there. Ultimately with an essay you have to make a case for how you see things and the best way to make a case is with an introduction, body and conclusion along with references. Your essay will show whether you studied or didn't study the subject. With a place like this forum or social media you can make an argument without studying. All you have to do is write a few sentences of crap and post a YouTube video and there you've made your argument. The essay rules stop people from doing that. As for the margin, well I would say it's important because that makes it easier to read. If you're going to make an argument those reading must be able to read it. I would say a teacher should explain things to you. My Tutor explained everything to me so I didn't need to ask why but I guess the education system in some countries isn't so great.

As for politics... Well you make a good point - why did one member bring politics into this thread before you said anything about the subject? Maybe he will tell us. Anyway why people bring politics up all the time there could be a number of reasons. 1) They might want certain laws changed and every day they're reminded that the law hasn't been changed. 2) The political system runs in such a way that people can't stop thinking about it. 3) Their family is of a political ideology and when they go on about politics they're reminding themselves that they belong in their family. 4) They were hurt by someone who held to a particular political ideology, so they go on about how bad that political ideology is because they hadn't let go of past hurts.
    There could be other reasons but that all I can think of. Some people care about actual politics but for some it isn't about politics but something else.

Really people are complicated and maybe some of your questions can't be narrowed down to just one answer because of how complicated people are.

Infrasapiens likes this.
  9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

@Infrasapiens I was listening to Alain de Botton and he said this about politics:

Most of our so called political ideas are not derived from politics but are really derived from emotional dynamics. So whether you support this party or that party etc. has got much to with what was going on in your life aged 5, than what it has to do with so called objective measures.

So much thought provoking things said in the interview. You can listen to it here if you're interested.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I would listen to it if I could but I can't. Thank you for telling me about it though.

onceaking likes this.
  11. This is the reason why I stopped hanging out with my friends as a teenager. The fact that people think of being drunk to the point of passing out with vomit in their hair and generally losing control over their own actions and waking up feeling like shit as "fun" makes me feel like I'm insane.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Why is people so stupidly stubborn to accept other people's opinions? When I was a child I thought that in every arguement someone was absolutely right and the other one wrong. Now as an adult I see that in most cases everyone is wrong and you cannot make them see it. There was a thread about Incels and it went to the dump because people don't know when to agree to disagree.

I'm starting to see a pattern about adults.