1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 48 Laws? your Opinion

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by RicardoL, Oct 14, 2019.

1. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

anybody a fan of Author Robert Greene?

many critics have condemned his books for being amoral BUT yet the books still appear on many "must read" self help list and has been celebrated by many in the entertainment industry. After reading both "the 48 laws" and "the art of seduction" i think the guy has a solid argument. what your take?

2. Transmute Suffering

Transmute Suffering Fapstronaut

currently reading the 48 laws. I do believe in most of its contents. It's cold, hard, and calculating advice that's different from the usual optimistic self-help garbage perpetuated by most books.

Most people rate this book negatively because they don't have the guts to do most of the advice suggested in this book, or because they will never be in a position or situation that allows them to effectively use this advice.

I do think that this advice should be used for some sort of greater good objective, instead of merely pure evil though.

Enulv and RicardoL like this.
  3. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

i agree not like i wanna conquer the world, but in my life i have the little sheep and i do feel that society has forced me into that role. reading the 48 has given me a barrier to stop ppl from taking advantage over me. but the fact that the 48 WORKS bothers me that the world IS amoral and SOME people will crush you "just for fun"

4. I believe in it. I have to buy the book, and I agree it is a tool for the ages. Literally treasure.

RicardoL likes this.
  5. BreathTheFreeAir

BreathTheFreeAir Fapstronaut

It isn't a manual, but it does illustrate concepts well.

RicardoL likes this.
  6. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

It keeps coming up over and over, i got my hands on kindle version of UFC fighter Uriah Faber's Book guess what book he quotes? Yup the 48

7. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Haven't read it. Care to give a quick rundown?

8. Boys wont use it. Men will. I love that book. Cause it's real. That's the mentality and the world. People hate this book cause they cant believe the truth it voices.
    I accept these things that are written there. But of course I have power laws of mine too. But anyways... A good book.

9. It has lots of useful information for many life situations but would not use it as a bible to daily living personally.

10. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Fapstronaut