1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Friends but still feel alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Addictmo, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Addictmo

Addictmo New Fapstronaut

I've just been feeling alone alot lately and idk what to do to cure it and idk man it honestly just sucks feeling like no body wants you and I'm just tired of feeling this way. I'm starting my journey of nofap today

Innervision likes this.
  2. Jeremi

Jeremi Fapstronaut

You are not alone buddy! Stay strong.

Goodbyenutt likes this.
  3. I just wrote something similar in my journal. It sucks how this happens. My friends were taking me down a path, I didn't want to be on. I had to drop my old hangouts and walk different routes to avoid them. So we got each other if you need support, I'm here.

Angus McGyver and Innervision like this.
  4. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

I also have that kind of feeling sometimes. I know it's a distorted thought, but the emotions accompanying it are very real. I'd suggest trying to engage with lives of people around you more frequently, it can helps break your wall of solitude. All the best!

5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

If those people (your former friends) were a burden to you, whose destructive thoughts and habits only dragged you deeper into the trench, you made the right choice to leave them behind. They will do nothing good for you but rather slowly poison-drip you over time, bringing more misery and trouble into your life than you need. That's why I have left some people behind in my life and also limited my time with poisonous people since they bring negative and destructive energy into my life.
    Energy that is very counter-productive and disastrous if you have some big goals and purposes you desire to achieve in life. Never let those people talk you out of your goals and purposes!!! Simply because they are afraid of stepping onto unknown terrain/ground, it doesn't mean you have to adopt that fear-stricken mindset as well because fear is what keeps most people on the ground and hence they never achieve anything worthwhile in their lives.

6. Maybe you need a new direction in life. Often times when we feel alone, it's because we have hit a plateau and need to change our direction. (May or may not be applicable to your case.)

7. Maybe try improving your relationship with your friends; create more loyalty and trust. If they are shit friends, then I guess it's time to find new friends.

8. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

I would like to claim that we are here for you brother if you are religious then God is with all of us also interms of the community, you can message me, moderators or post here like you did and bam we got your back forget those friends and pray they find a straight path to life as quickly as possible the NoFap community got you , also go on youtube and use NoFap youtubers like gabe dawg, seth alexander, aanghel etc and they can be your friends ( virtual yes but more virtuous than your current friends indeed).

9. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

I really related to what you said in your original post, "just sucks feeling like no body wants you.". One thing that helps be is to know that selfishness is a human universal, not to say we are bad only that we are, selfishness is part of humanity not necessarily an inherent part but sometimes s big part of what we get identified with. The point of all that is that many people do not want us they want something from us. I often have that going on myself without realizing it so that makes it really hard to make friends of one or both of us wants stuff from the other. I figure the only hope for me to make a real connection is if I give up my selfishness since I can't control other people in any way. If I can give up that selfishness of mine and my prideful judgment of others then I get to show up for relationships as a giver. As soon as I run out of things to give I retire to refresh so I can give more later. It's really hard to remember, I had forgotten for a long time lately so I'm glad to get this chance to remember and practice again. Thank you all for that. You are good people, I quite like you. It reminds me of what mister Rogers said: "people can learn to like you just the way you are.". I think that starts with me learning to like myself, but the easiest way to do that is to practice taking the actions of love for others that naturally draw me out of self hate. A really good friend for almost a decade now told me if I wanted self esteem to do good things and it sure does make me feel good. That same friend told me many times that what other people think is none of my business but what I do and think about them, myself and everything really is life and death for me. Not necessarily physical life and death but emotionally, mentally: to really live life, to love life, I need a total change of heart each day.