1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The productivity streak- 12 hours of work everyday of week.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 4, 2019.

how many hours a week should one work.

1. 90

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. 80

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. 70

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 60

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. 50

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. 40

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. brother there are two sides of our work. a) really creative
    b) mundane stuff.

Creative needs alot of brain power. Nofap provide good results here.
    Mundane work is just has to be done. Nothing creative but important. Something like a new concept learning. Now learning ia mundane work and implementing that concepts into application is creative.

As you said you are into writing, give 4 hours to your creative writing and rest of the time could be spent in gathering new skill or reading another book for making your writing better. Watch 1-2 youtube video, make notes and next day implement that into writing.
    I think it this way.
    Nothing in this world could be all creative or all rote skill learning.
    Microsoft didn't craete windows directly but they learned a lot of skills and concepts first, then created something new out of those old concepts.

KurosuX likes this.
  2. day- 1

i am starting this next phase of nofap with monk mode.
    i have been trying monk mode since my day-30 but not successful. every 3rd or 4th day i break my monk mode and fantasise or watch some women dance on youtube.

3 days back i had a wet dream, i dont know what was that because i did not have any dream but just a sensation of oozing something. i woke up and checked the fluid which came out, it was not like semen. it was watery sticky substance transparent like water.

and today too i had subconscious urges. i was not able to understand that i was having actual urge. i started watching youtube and in search of entertainment i went to youtube and started to watch some videos and after 10-15 minutes i found myself watching some music videos. as you all know how women in those videos dress scantily, i was enthralled to see those music video heart pounding and racing. an that was the moment i realised my brain is taking that stuff as sexual, and anticipating sexual encounter. i stopped immediately but after 10 minutes i checked my penis with all pre cum on head. i am disgusted right now. i watched a video my mind thought it as sexual. these days i see women, my mind takes it as sexual.

i won't consider it as reset or relapse but certainly it was bad for my streak.

now monk mode + NoFap. without monk mode its nearly impossible to stay clean.

with productivity i shall update my monk mode success. i was busy lately so was not able to update but i shall put an alarm for specially updating two things here- productivity and my monk mode.

KurosuX likes this.
  3. reporting day-0

morning was good, urges felt in noon, evening was productive.
    need to do 1-2 hour of remaining work.
    did some 8 hours of work today. was not productive in around noon time.
    came in front of few beautiful ladies in evening, immediately distracted myself and reminded myself of monk mode. so starting of monk mode this evening was good.

KurosuX likes this.
  4. Poor Yorick

Poor Yorick Fapstronaut

That makes a lot of sense. It's finding ways to better yourself most moments of the day. Bettering yourself or properly enjoying, perhaps, the day. I don't watch very much TV at all, for example, but I've started watching Breaking Bad lately, but I'll exercise while I do it.

KurosuX and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Day- 2 monk mode

Day 1 was great with monk mode. Thoughts were really pure. But today some thoughts of women came in mind.

Productivity is going great too.

KurosuX likes this.
  6. day- 2 MONK MODE successful

no sexual thoughts.
    lot of energy, running in morning, lifting weight in evening.

in these 75 days of nofap in improved in my body nearly 25% to my potential. ultimate health goal is to sculpt 2-3 packs of abs- it may take 6 months, i am not in a hurry though.
    my whole life i never lifted weights. i am a running person. but recently got into weight lifting. and boy o boy change in body is immediate.

yesterday productivity was in range of 8 hours. i was reconciling with monk mode, it is real tough. no source of entertainment is paining. only source of dopamine is my exercise running or lifting.

KurosuX likes this.
  7. proper plan for my monk mode. - a kind of dopamine fast. and getting dopamine with only food and exercise.

what i am doing in monk mode
    1) cutting on caffeine. now 3 cups a day. slowly i want to make it to only 1.
    2) limiting my interactions with everybody - though i am still very isolated already.
    3) no video games- only 1-2 hours of video games on every 7th day of successful monk mode.
    4) no music.
    5) wakeup at 5 every day.
    6) do some kind of physical activity on every healthy day.
    7) clean the work desk and clean environment around it.
    8) not even a sexual thought- deliberate erection leads to lapse of monk mode.
    9) no argument and anger. only observe things around and limited reaction only when sought.
    10) i do not use any social media anyway. nofap website is only social media i am involved right now to improve and to be in top 1% bracket of men.

KurosuX likes this.
  8. day- 3 monk mode done
    its 7:20pm here. day is over after an hour of work

productivity was really good after 11am till now.

KurosuX likes this.
  9. day-6 monk mode

update- what i found really demanding in monk mode -

1) no music
    2) isolation part
    3)assessing emotions at every tumultuous stage(sometimes feel boring when angry or happy)

i listened to music, cannot workout without music, talked to any people i could as i think isolation can drive me crazy as i have already too less of interactions and cutting them further would lead to losing my sanity.

on day 5 i got an erection when my thoughts strayed for women. but i could not control erection, even after i got every thought cut prematurely, i got a complete erection, for say 5 minutes. and guess what i did not leak any pre cum, not even a trace. this is called progress. monk mode helped here greatly. before embarking on monk mode 5 minutes of erection would have lead to at least few drops of precum.
    eye sight in general and eye strain in particular feel a lot letter. i am staring whole day on computer screen and not even slight strain to eyes.
    i am happy to see my streak growing. and after 75th day i embarked on monk mode. that was my best decision concerning sexual energy of body.

KurosuX likes this.
  10. update- 100 days nofap completed.
    i also have quit caffeine in every form.
    i am very energetic and healthy

i dont update frequently because i keep my wifi off most of the times.
    my work is progressing greatly.
    i am thankful to nofap.com to give me my life back.

11. Poor Yorick

Poor Yorick Fapstronaut

Congrats dude. Crazy how cutting caffeine can be a great reset. I had about 1.5 cups of coffee yesterday and felt super anxious all day until I did my 5 mile run. Very unproductive.

Cutting internet also helps a ton. Good going to ya!

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

This is very inspirational.
    I'm an engineering student, I also code and I stay on my books every day. But during this last year, I feel very depressed because I can't reach 6 hours of productivity. There are a lot of days in which I register that I studied 1-2 hours. It's a mess.

What do you advise to me?

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Lufaro

Lufaro Fapstronaut

How it's going on?