1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The "who do you want to be" - Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Snakeloa, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

This week was harder than I thought I managed to get organized a small bit. Still I did not achieve to get an overall overview of the situation. Therfore I will challenge myself to achieve this goal again this week.

Here I will challenge myself to organise my week. Therefore I will go to bed early and prepare a task plan for the next day and the week in total.
    I will celebrate the achievements by marking them off and reflecting each night what was possible.

2. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

Arghh. Not again. I did not manage to reach the goal. Hard to admit, and it is what it is.

I will try again starting tomorrow. If i cannot make it work until Tuesday i will skip it and start to work on No4) Recognise dependencies and let go of them.

Who else is in, to do the work to become more?

3. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Oh, sorry I missed the introduction and I'm a bit late. Been in burnout and depressed state lately. I will try to get with a decent list of milestones in the afternoon today. I will start today and my first milestone will be over by this Sunday, if I understood the rules of the challenge right. @Snakeloa am I allowed to start later than all the others? :)

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

Don't be sorry. You can join the challenge at any time :)

Follow the instructions above in post #1 to get a finetuned goal and your list of milestones.

Yes. If you manage to achieve this first milestone by Sunday, you can continue with the next milestone. If not you can try to achieve it in the following week or try a different milestone first and get back to the "not achieved one" later.

By the way, you determine if a milestone is adequately achieved.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

@fleurette Your time is now :) Do you dare to join?

@all, I did not achieve my weekly goal to the extent that I would consider its purpose as achieved.
    Still, I decided to give it a third try. I feel that I can get it done. Hell yes, I can!

7. @Snakeloa I think I'll pass on this one for the time being since in few weeks I'll be starting intensive 6-week online program run by a psychologist which will keep me really busy. So in the meantime I'll abstain from more challenges and just be gentle with myself, I don't need to pump up my masculine side :)

8. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

For sure that is fine with me. :)
    Maybe your feminine side needs a boost someday, then you are very welcome to join the challenge.

9. Alright. This challenge consists of 10 milestones so I don't want them to overlap with that program's tasks bc there'll be plenty of them and I need to take my time now. But as soon as it ends these 10 milestones gonna be a great follow up. My masculine side has been working at its max for the most of my life which has led me to over controlling everything and perfectionism, that's not good, my goal is not to be another terminator you know :D
    For the time being I will set a task until next sunday to meditate daily for at least ten min to calm down my racing mind. Already did it today during a women gathering, we were doing conscious breathwork for 30 min on relaxation theme. Felt great. Maybe I'll do body scan tomorrow.

10. I like this idea of pursuing a goal so:
    my goal is to finally become a reliable person that can manage his time and really enjoy life
    my ten milestone are:
    1. Become more careful about other's needs
    2. Be able to schedule my time and respect that schedule
    3. Enjoying time off
    4. Get serious about meditation
    5. Starting to volunteer
    6. Be finally realistic about relationship
    7. Improve relationship with family
    8. Totally tackle this addiction from my life( calculated that I will be at 100 days by that day so I will recognize my inner weakness)
    9. Finally be a bit of a "risk-taker"
    10. Enjoy my new life
    I already set them up chronologically and I tought at the last week as my prize because you know if every sunday I'll become the person I wrote finally at the tenth week I won't have any task, I'll just enjoy the person I become

So I'll start from the first one:
    Starting from sunday I'll be a more reliable friend that hear other's problem instead of caring only about himself

11. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

Hey mate, what a wondeful list you put together. Go for it. Fight for it.

Force Majeure and fg4795 like this.
  12. well sunday came
    so who do I want to be next sunday? A person more careful about other's needs
    What will I do this week to make that happen? I won't avoid all the situation that I am avoiding right now, like in order not to avoid that situations that make me unconfortable(speaking about private things and so on) I am always unavaible when they ask me for some appointment that sometime didn't even exist. This week I won't have any appointment :)

13. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

I did not achieve the "be organised" milestone in a way I am happy with. I will skip it and get to it at a later time.

My new milestone" Exhale, let go and feel" and I will start by taking two days off and will stay a night with my partner in a Spa hotel in France. :)

Force Majeure and fg4795 like this.
  14. First day started with the right momentum, I(completley on my own) organized a dinner in which we could talk a lot and share
    Everybody thanked me after that because it was a lot of time we didn't do something like that and I make it happen
    Really happy about my start hope to keep on

Coffee Candy and Force Majeure like this.
  15. Based on the three attempts you’ve done on achieving this milestone, I think your doing a good job in trying to achieve it. Since it hasn’t worked out yet, it sounds to me that this is a great task for you to work on, however the length of the task may be the problem. Have you thought about shortening the task to only a few days? Then work on something else the other days. In that way, you can increase the level of difficulty in a better way.

Keep fighting! :emoji_punch:

Snakeloa likes this.
  16. Well it's sunday again and I feel great
    My goal was simply and I wanted just to share something more with my friends but in the end yesterday a great friend of mine(probably the best) confessed me how he feel like I felt one year ago before starting trying to improve myself and I gave him all the possible advice and support I could and I felt he was really happy about how I was supportive with him and I told him to count on me because I will be here
    so first week went really good
    time for the second challenge
    next sunday I will be a man that respected the schedule he give himself

Coffee Candy and Snakeloa like this.
  17. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

Hello my Exhale, let go and feel worked pretty well. Still, my feelings were not only of "good" nature. I felt exhausted, angry and more. I did manage to feel a lot, and some things got transformed into positive feelings by shifting the perspective. I will continue another week.

Hug Jörg

fg4795 likes this.
  18. @Snakeloa I think you should let yourself feel all kinds of feelings which are bottled up inside. Don't try to transform them into positive ones. All feelings are valid!

19. Rex salazar

Rex salazar Fapstronaut

How to open a thread?

20. Snakeloa

Snakeloa Fapstronaut

I do not understand your question.
    If you want to participate just join us. Follow the steps in the first post and then share your Goal and the 10 milestones.

Then start with the first milestone on Sunday by telling us what you are about to work on. Followed by either daily check-ins or the sharing of the results the Sunday after that.

you are welcome!
    Hug Jörg