1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

minor success (fitness)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by athlean, Oct 18, 2019.

1. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

though i've been training for the past 12 years (fitness/bodybuilding) i never go on the threadmill to work on my cardiovascular health. but today i did LOL.. (I never need to do cardio: my body is very weird, it doesnt gain any fat no matter what i eat but i gain muscle like crazy, i only do the threadmill to work on the matter of being able to walk for longer)

i walked on the threadmill for around 90 minutes and at the end i got lightheaded BUT IN A GOOD WAY. when i walked away from the threadmill i got lightheaded, felt some kind of dopamine rush. it felt really good.

planning to do the threadmill once a week aside training 6 days a week.

might be the result of being off of nofap for 17 days now .. my longest streak in like 6 or 7 years (voluntarily)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

How long do you do the treadmill for during a day?

3. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

90 minutes

Anonymous86 likes this.
  4. That's incredible. I love minor successes.

Anonymous86 likes this.
  5. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

And you felt an endorphin rush after 90 minutes? Did you feel amazingly better? How fast do you go on the treadmill?

6. RUBASHOV

RUBASHOV Fapstronaut

7. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

yea, it was some sort of chemical rush in my brain, sort of a high (idk how a real high feels, never done drugs) but i felt amazinngggg... i just walked on my own moderate speed, because of my handicap cerebral palsy i can't walk as fast as normal people but after 1 hour of walking on my own speed i sped up the speed 0,5 km every 5 minutes.

i loved it but walking on a threadmill is boring AF haha

8. I've been training since before you were born. LOL It's fine if you like treadmill, but it's the worst exorcise a bodybuilder can do. It saps energy that you need for muscle growth. If your body muscles up easily right now, I wouldn't hamper it with cardio at all. At 24 if you want to do cardio the best is seated instead of standing, which will make your legs really work. Doing treadmill only gives a person 50% of the benefits they expect from that exercise. Far better to jog on a beach or in your local area. Treadmills only help you lose fat, but also muscle.

9. This is broscience at it's best. Sure, outdoors is better than indoors, but not everyone can do outdoor walking for 90 mins in peace and tranquility. There are other factors like traffic, neighborhood, climate etc to say the least.

Don't sweat about it. Muscle mass depends on your daily, weekly, and monthly caloric intake alongside your macro/micro-nutrient profile. If you eat more than you burn, you will never lose muscle with mild activities like jogging and walking. The only way to lose muscle would be to induce severe trauma and stress on your body... Like running a couple marathons being dehydrated and extreme stuff like that.

10. athlean

athlean Fapstronaut

you don't use as many fibers in your legs in any other sort of cardio than walking, walking is the best form. as for me, i make sure i eat enough etc so i dont waste muscle mass.. dont worry, with 12 years experience i know exactly what i'm doing ;)

as for it is better to jog outside than on a threadmill is complete bull. and walking on treadmills doesnt only help you lose fat ...

idk man but if you say you've been training for as long as i lived, than you should really do some more research :)