1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hourly journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Protagonist, Oct 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

I am thinking of carrying a pocket notebook with me everytime and writing about my activities, and their inferences, in certain spans of time(like 3-4 hours), throughout the day.
    That way, I'll know what are the things I'm doing as the day progresses.
    And it'll be easy to reflect as I'll know when I'm doing what. And at what point of time I'm most distracted and all.

I would really appreciate if you guys could enlighten me with your thoughts .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. If you know it will benefit you, do it.

Protagonist likes this.
  3. Try it for 30 days. I have no clue how it will turn out, but it sounds interesting.

Protagonist likes this.
  4. Pjco

Pjco Fapstronaut

This is such a great strategy and connects really well with mindfulness and learning to understand more about your thoughts, feelings, actions, energy levels, ... (the list goes on). I think it’s great. I’ve found journaling rather cathartic and being quite open on this forum about my process has helped me with my thinking and observing other people’s journeys have given me some suggestions of new strategies and things to try.

Protagonist likes this.
  5. New Journey

New Journey Fapstronaut

I started writing in my journal three times a day and it does wonders, especially in the early stages. The only problem I found though was finding different things to say each time; I often just repeated myself all the time. Still, it helps to reinforce why you want to quit this damn thing and that's a bonus. Give it a go.

Protagonist likes this.
  6. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

So, I started doing it, and it's been like 5 days.
    I was very consistent in the first couple of days but now I write less often. But I do write.
    I also write my to do list and goals at the beginning of each day.
    I write the inference of my actions and though I think I'll read all that before going to sleep, I never do.

I'm going to be consistent again, and I'll try to make it as efficient as possible.

Also, it is easy to reflect yourself when you know what you did when and why and how, at the end of the day and you get the opportunity to better yourself looking at what you did wrong.

7. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

I find it more useful to journal a few times a week. I briefly talk about what I have been up to, then write what I have been thinking about, I try to write it even if I don't think what I am thinking about is that important. I can reflect on my life a lot better if I journal this way,