1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How bad is soda for you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by chris555, Oct 22, 2019.

1. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

I find when I drink soda especially more then one can my joints start to get sore and stiff which makes the simplest tasks that much harder.

According to studies soda is extremely bad for people with arthritis and joint problems.

http://dailytrojan.com/2010/10/03/new-study-finds-pain-from-soda/

https://www.everydayhealth.com/rheu...a-linked-increased-rheumatoid-arthritis-risk/

Here are videos on what happens to your body when you drink soda.

Diet sodas are also extremely addictive and harmful

So with much of are generation fixed on drinking soda and with many health problems like diabetes or obesity rates we are seeing in today's society how much of the problem do soda drinks contribute to today's world?

2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

IMG-20190929-WA0014.jpg

Enough said.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  3. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Considering I have bad enough hyperactivity issues without drinking a can of sugar, I avoid soda. I can’t even remember the last time I had one. I know mates who would spend $400 a month on soda and energy drinks. That itself sounded unattractive.

Ajar likes this.
  5. Soda is aweful. Kick the habit and drink water. I was bad on sweet tea too. And not the standard sweet tea, im talking southern sweet tea with a buttload of sugar. I finally kicked all that stuff. Ive got to the point where i dont mind the taste of water anymore. And pleaseeee stay away from energy drinks..there are a few that arent bad, but just avoid them all.

6. chris555

chris555 Fapstronaut

Does anyone know if the oasis smoothies are healthy at all?

7. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

Soda are very destructive, yes indeed. All that are not natural made by chemical process are highly destructive for the body.

Think about that, the sperm of our father was not chemical natural at all. So we are a natural creature. Then if you put chemical elements on a natural creature, it's end badly.

Surely chemical are also part of nature, but it was not for human at all. I remember when I was young I worked as a print man, printing huge books. And for that with use huge machine,
    That are like that:
    [​IMG]

This machine use ink, high nocif ink, ink that will never wipe off on the paper, package, etc. Due to this ink we need to wash the machine with a Toxical product called "METALLU", with "METTALU" you can lose an eye, very corrosif. in this "METTALU" you have an element called "gum arabic", this gum is toxic and you have this gum in Fanta Lemon.

Ajar likes this.
  8. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

She drank 2.6 gallons of diet coke a day, drinking 2.6 gallons of anything will fuck up your liver. I used to drink around 5-6 diet cokes a day, but I could also run a 6:17 minute mile and lifted weights 5 times a week. And I had and still have perfect blood pressure and have no physical health problems. So no I wouldn't say soda is that bad for you, but I have dulled my soda drinking way down.

Ajar likes this.
  9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I stopped drinking soda 8 years ago. It was easy.

Ajar and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Well if you are a gym owner then you might consider attracting members who drink sh!t ton of soda and energy drinks... Lol

11. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Omg the beard god of YouTube fitness :0

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. The soda destroyed my beloved teeth since then I consume very little as well as any sugary drink.

13. kawirider612

kawirider612 New Fapstronaut

Drink diet soda instead. No calories, no sugar, no problem.

14. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Careful. You may sexually trigger some guys with this image.

15. I had been drinking soda since I was a kid and I stopped for good about 2 years ago. It destroyed my teeth and I would get indigestion so bad. Now the thought of drinking soda absolutely disgusts me.

16. It's a lot more unhealthy than regular soda

FX-05 and Deleted Account like this.
  17. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Didn't come to think of that. I'll edit spoiler to it.

18. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Dude, I love me some Mexican Coke every now and then.

FX-05 likes this.
  19. I'm finding that soda is one of the harder sugary items to kick to the side. I've kicked out the cakes, ice cream, pies, and pastries. I'm doing well in staying away from those.

But soda I'm constantly giving in.

I laid off lots of sugary items and saw my weight go down. Been giving in to sodas again (with all other things being the same) and sure enough my weight is creeping back up.

Yes I think soda does effect us negatively. Yes I'm going to make a renewed effort to stay away from it!

20. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Personally I found it to be helpful to drink something else instead. Like not water because if you're used to soda, water won't feel or taste like anything. I actually wasn't originally even trying to cut out soda, but automatically reduced drinking it when I started to drink more beer. I don't recommend you do that. But later on I started to drink these type of a beverages that were like a combination of vichy and soda or something like that. Idk what you call those in english. Anyways they had less sugar in them. Didn't taste quite as good at first but were easy enough to get used to. From that I proceeded to drink mainly vichy and water. I still do drink soda sometimes, but since I'm a skinny guy it's not such a big deal.

Deleted Account likes this.