1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DARK room benefits! Abstain from stimulation

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by ironmaing, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ironmaing

ironmaing Fapstronaut

I’m 34M with PIED. I’ve come across dark room meditation retreats where you’re literally in a dark room for several days. Your senses increase like crazy after that as your mind regulates itself to seek out any form of stimulation. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and if there are truly long term benefits to heal our overstimulated mind?

2. Grey is colourless

Grey is colourless Fapstronaut

You can also get 3 days of NOTHING. The mind will reset to animal natural. Like you want to take a cold shower. You're not even in the shower yet and already feeling depressed from the thought of it. Like you could just go there and pour some cold water on your hand and then cold your testicles, as a man,or something; and leave, quit.

People in the east, in yoga, will say the lustful man is sensefull..umm no hes senseless. Weak perception, of the senses, of imagination, of mental conception, etc.

Relaxing can help you focus on everything as you focus internally in return.

But dark retreats, I hear, truly are meant to be done for months to years and have to be advanced already to do it.

ironmaing likes this.
  3. ironmaing

ironmaing Fapstronaut

Saw this and became curious. When they leave their senses are in overdrive and I wonder how that would affect PIED:

This weekend I’m thinking of a solo hiking trip in nature. Me, lots of water and lots of relaxing nature. Wondering whether to do a dark room e.g. cabin in the woods, or a tent. Or meditate like crazy as well as hiking in a fasted state from Friday night till Sunday....what are your thoughts and suggestions?

4. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

This would be a smart choice to start with. You should check Dylan Werner's interview on London Real, he talks about doing it for few days, naked, and it completely transformed him.

Dark room retreats can be pretty intense if you do not have already a good practice in self-discipline and meditation.

5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    if you see nothing but blackness your brain well think your eyes are closed and that your sleeping, so it well starting producing the dmt, which is responsible for dreams

6. Grey is colourless

Unless you have like 3-5 years hardmode/monkmode, eat. Don't really bother fasting. Just do interminent fasting or OneMealADay which is not 'fasting' in the proper sense, really. Also rarely if ever bother to fast from liquids as well. You need to cleanse yourself you know. You will just accumulate more toxins while fasting, spend a while to release the extra toxins after you come back and accumulate more inflamation as well, etc. Youre setting back your fast with other poisons like that.

Also, if you ejaculated a lot...you need vitamins and minerals mate...why are you fasting ? lol!

IF/OMAD + workout + regular good sleep (byphasic sleep is the natural best IME) = good stuff

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Grey is colourless

As for dark retreat. I haven't done it but it sounds fancy to me. You need to be advanced as crap to do it, and really should be able to samadhi deep / go into jhana for it...Dark retreat you really should be at the peak ...

Just practice a lot. Train stillness, that's a really good meditation: http://www.worldspirituality.org/personal-magnetism.html skip to "PRELIMINARY STEPS."

That's a good program. And together with it, if you have time, do concentration focused type meditation. What is normally taught just about anywhere on youtube and beginner classes is mindfullness type anapanasati which means pay attention to breath and just kind of relax don't concentrate. That's no bueno ... you need concentration. Same buddhist will tell you should have at least 1st samatha jhana before attempting vissapana/mindfullness...! and 1st samatha jhana is a huuuge milestone. Heck if you can enter it nofap is done for you, automatically as a side effect. No joke. I got access concentration 2 years ago and nofap was 100% succesfull already. Google this stuff. It's not easy to reach these states but once you do your mentation is super mega strong.

If you follow indian/hindu thought concentration is part of Raja Yoga. It means King [-ly] yoga. It is suited for a king to practice... very powerful.

The stillnes-body-control program in the link above is also Raja Yoga.

I become very powerful mentally 2 years ago with these but stopped and lost all gains...eventually back to fapping and now I can't stop it...

8. Ive done dark room meditation. Its scary stuff. I did it for 4 days its mental torture however it was very benz
    I actually tried dark room meditation for 4 days late last year or early this year.

Scary stuff.

Basically your psyche unloads itself into the darkness. And around the 3rd day you just unload everything out and cry. Its the most beautiful thing. I hadn’t cried in 10 years so it was wonderful and all the guilt and agony and everything just gets released and you are hit by a humanly happiness u haven’t felt in a long time.

As for physical changes

Better eyesight and hearing the eyesight is not significant but the hearing my god I could hear conversations from like 50m with little effort.

Brainfog was gone to a significant extent.

Concentration was much better

And started to observe body language to a greater extent.

I could see through the dark even with my eyes closed but this was quite insignificant probably due to the limited amount of DMT produced in my brain.

It was some crazy stuff. Tried to amend all the little things I said to people and the terrible things I’ve done came out crying and with a determination to amend the was above and beyond.

Mentally prepare so you don’t relapse after. All those benefits mentioned are lost in a week if you don’t maintain a healthy routine.

9. ironmaing

ironmaing Fapstronaut

Very interesting. Where did you do it? If I find one near my home in Europe, I’ll definitely give it a try.

Ideally I’d start with a weekend of it, then try long weekend. I’ve tried dopamine fasts and they feel great.

I’m hoping it’ll help with my PIED. I am more sensitive thanks to nofap and I can get to 70% erection quite easily now. A few weeks ago was at 100%, but I overindulged in sex and I think it set me back. My dopamine receptors were healing but back to back daily orgasms was too much. Now I’m going to try semen retention and maybe orgasm once a week or once every two weeks. Trying to think about best way. Trial and error I guess.

I think dark room will help my dopamine receptors recover much quicker. What do you think?

10. Definitely. I did it in my walk in robe just cushioned it and blocked out all the light. Try to do it through fasting so only consume water and before that hold a vegetarian diet for id say about a week. Also could your eyes up with a bandana or something it accentuates the process even more. And finally when leaving your enclave do so gradually let a little light in and adapt to it for say 30 minutes until your eyes feel accustomed.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Did you face any hallucinations? I've read that staying pitch black room could
    make brain create it's own stimulation by hallucinating. It would be interesting
    experience imo :D