1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Waking up early

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by recon117, Oct 24, 2019.

1. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hello everyone since some time I struggle with waking up early (before 6am or even 6am). I personally have the feeling that waking up earlier is harder than PMO atm.

What are the strategies you guys are using?
    Any tips or tricks?

| Nico | and narudan like this.
  2. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

Buy an intelligent light in your room (Not alexa, or Google Home they are spying you)
    Set the light at 5:30 am. Configure to blue color.

If there is a remote control hide it. Or give it to some one.
    You may wake up and put off the light and going to the bed again. But with good will you'll succeed.
    Wake up at 5am, is highly benefit and productive. You're no lazy.

3. narudan

narudan Fapstronaut

You need to have the right mindset to wake up early. All starts in the evening when you go to bed. If you say to yourself every time you go to bed ,,oh no i need to wake up again at 5 am tomorrow, I won’t have enough energy...‘‘ (basically negative thinking) you will wake up in the morning with no energy because you programmed your mind like this.

So what you can do to wake up early is to have positive and motivating affirmations that you say to yourself before you go to bed. Because the last thought you had before you go to sleep will be the first thought in the morning. I’m recommending you these ,,Bedtime Affirmations“ (I’m not allowed to send a link so just google ,, The Miracle Morning Bedtime Affirmations“ ).

Just read this every night before you go to sleep and you will feel the difference! It’s helping me a lot.

I can also recommend you to read the Book ,,The Miracle Morning“ if you want to improve your mornings!

:)

4. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

What I do immediately after hitting the alarm-button is to stretch out my body as far as possible when still lying down. Then, I take up and pump my dumbbells for a few minutes followed by some gymnastics. It is a good morning-routine that will get you alert and going.
    The vast majority of people never activate themselves upon stepping up from bed and hence the reason as to why they are tired for so long afterwards. Even better is to get outside for a walk or jog in the fresh and brisk morning air.

recon117, mark_peter and narudan like this.
  5. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

a solid mindset and quiet time the night before helps,
    you can makeup some simple mantra in your own words
    such as "i'm gonna wake up early tomorrow 'cos that's gonna make my day!"
    repeat it several times just before going to sleep - let me know how it went.
    Good Night

recon117 likes this.
  6. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

if you want to wakeup at 6am..you must go to sleep at 11 or 11.30 pm everyday..there is no other miracle or tonic for this..just follow the simple rule "6 or 7 hrs daily sleep"

7. Ive been getting up 2 hours earlier for the past few months to get in shape. I get up early and work out before my job. It was hard at first but i continued to do it. And i now i look forward to getting up early, as i know im bettering myself.
    When I was younger, i would set an alarm clock and put it on the other side of the room so that when it would go off, i would have to physically get up out of bed to go turn it off. And that worked for me at the time.

+TenPercent and recon117 like this.
  8. Frenchcore_28

Frenchcore_28 Fapstronaut

Go out of your room bro

recon117 likes this.
  9. Frenchcore_28

Frenchcore_28 Fapstronaut

Or just dont go sleep ;)

recon117 likes this.
  10. buy some good breakfast food..know you can have it if only you wake up and stay up.

recon117 and +TenPercent like this.
  11. If you like coffee, and are okay with caffeine, consider getting a coffee pot with a timer.
    I discovered this years ago when I had to get up an hour before dawn to go bird watching . . .

Set the coffee to start brewing about 5 minutes before your alarm goes off. Just hearing the water boil and then smelling the coffee . . . you'll have no problem getting up when your alarm goes off! :cool:

I should really follow my own advice here :rolleyes:

12. I have to agree coffee can help :+) But natural is the way to go..: ) Be strong

recon117 and +TenPercent like this.
  13. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

Yes I already thought about such light systems before! Definitely gonna check it out. Haha don't worry they spy me on phone that's enough ;)

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Yes correctly. I think waking up on itself is neutral but the sluggish feeling immediately afterwards is what it makes somewhat an unpleasant experience sometimes. Good ideas thank you very much!

Yes, positive affirmations can help for sure !

That's what I did this morning :) Worked quite well yeyey

Yes that can help aswell :) I usually eat oatmeal with banana and a yoghurt.

Nope I don't drink coffee. Just Tea sometimes

14. You_ll_succed_for_sure

You_ll_succed_for_sure Fapstronaut

Interesting.

15. Im_worrior

Im_worrior Fapstronaut

recon117 likes this.
  16. Diana Rice

Diana Rice Fapstronaut

I like this book so much! It is absolutely worth reading.

recon117 and Im_worrior like this.
  17. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Yes, this. Also - you will need more or less depending on your energy levels, what you ate, and whether you are fighting illness, how much exercise you are getting, etc. Personally I need almost an hour extra sleep during the winter time than the summer. Listen to your body, and don't be tempted to force yourself to stay awake because you having completed your goals for the day / you are enjoying a film or book, or - especially - wasting time on the internet (or forums!) Sleep is more important than these things.

SREENII and recon117 like this.
  18. ciupy93

ciupy93 Fapstronaut

i wake up every morning at 03:30 because i need to pay rent ( and is not hard set your alarm and don't let near bed so every time alarm is ringing you need to wake up from bed.)