I suffer of Inferiority complex

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by TheWolverine, Oct 23, 2019.

1. TheWolverine

TheWolverine Fapstronaut

Hello guys ! (I prevent you the following text can triggers some rebooters)
    I'm a young man and I do wrestling and in the last cours, we made combat and I wrestle with a girl and… I lose it by submission and I feel like a shit and I'm terribly angry of it. I search vengeance and I don't know why. I've been litterally humiliated.

2. That just shows the importance of technique. You're probably a lot stronger than the girl, but her good technique makes up for it.

I did a few jiu-jitsu classes. Naturally I lost the vast majority of spars (or whatever the term is), including to a girl, but that's because everyone else was much more experienced in jiu-jitsu than I was.

3. TheWolverine

TheWolverine Fapstronaut

yes but I don't know why but I feel humiliated.

4. SanityOverVanity

SanityOverVanity Fapstronaut

Ego can be a dangerous thing when given fuel. My advice? Acknowledge your ego. Embrace it and accept that it's part of you. After this I think you'll feel less humiliated and instead be more introspective. Strength isn't determined by how much you can lift or how much force you can exert. Strength is truly knowing and accepting yourself regardless of your shortcomings and failures.

You could also take a positive spin/outlook on this incident and approach the girl to compliment her on her skill during the spar. And even ask her for advice about different techniques. Good luck and well done for 32 days! :)

Deleted Account and TheWolverine like this.
  5. Ineedthisbazz

Ineedthisbazz Fapstronaut

What kind of wrestling?
    Like grepling?
    Duuuuude if it was your first traning or you have little expirience in submision wrestling be ready to get tap out first six month
    If girl can tap you out that mean traning is legit

6. TheWolverine

TheWolverine Fapstronaut

Thanks dude, I wish you best.

SanityOverVanity likes this.
  7. TheWolverine

TheWolverine Fapstronaut

yes being submitted all time is hard especially if this is a girl…

8. I realize I’m in drastically different sports but perhaps this will help some.

I used to road bicycle a lot and now I indoor wall climb. A LOT of women are better than me, especially with the indoor wall climbing.

For me it’s all about maintaining a humble attitude. I acknowledge they are better and I learn from them if possible. It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman we can learn from others.

I don’t feel any humiliation because I look at us as equals. They are fellow human beings that have more advanced skills in the sport but we are both equals as humans. We both have the same right to be in that gym, or on that bike, or in your case on the mat as anyone else.

If the other person is better then acknowledge it and do what it takes to be better without being prideful about it.

9. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

Hey man, girls should and can work as hard and achieve as much as us guys. I don't think it should be a gender thing. Just this person beat you because they trained harder. I know it can be hard to accept defeat, but it's something you just got to deal with in life.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Was this a biological girl, or a man that transitioned to a girl?

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. ???