1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Im 19 and I dont wanna work all my life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sadakiyo, Sep 24, 2019.

1. vocalfry

vocalfry Fapstronaut

How about something to make you realise the world you are in is more fantastic than anything they told you in school?
    https://archive.org/details/b30526747_0001/page/n17
    First penned by Thomas Burnett between 1630-1715. The funny 'f's are 's's.

2. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

You want to work to live, not live to work. But either way, you gotta work. Its just part of life. Take it or leave it. Thats really your only option.

3. SeekingMyWay2

SeekingMyWay2 Fapstronaut

4. Find work that you would like to do even if your weren't getting paid, then the money is just a bonus :) smile more, when your happy everything is better and easier. :) tell yourself I know going to have fun today and no one can stop me. :)

Enulv likes this.
  5. I saw some comments about minimalism and saving a lot. But what if I'm a guy who is kind of boomer in the head? I love rock n roll, metal and some goddamn bikes. Some leather jackets and good black coffee, also some good gym equipment. I don't think I can save up so much here :D And I don't believe that living like a minimalist I could afford Harvey or Jawa and some leather stuff. Minimalism isn't for everyone it seems.

6. Couldn't have said it better. As part of my regular duties, I deal with people who want everything handed to them without lifting a finger. These people think the world owes them something. Those people end up as criminals. If you want free food, free housing, free education, free healthcare and free security, go to prison.

7. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

People will say you have to be realistic and get a regular full time job. But the people that tell you this are always complaining about it too and miserable. What do you really love? Find that out and make money off it.

8. BrettyBoy

BrettyBoy New Fapstronaut

On the positive side, you get money from it at least. I would love to work just for the money.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I'd modify this a bit. Continuously work toward something you enjoy which can earn money. Not every thing we love doing will earn us a living. Another way to look at it is to learn to love what one can do to make money. Of course, this doesn't mean learning to love killing babies to make a living. Life is a learning process. We figure it all out as we go.

10. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Until you're close to retirement and realise you've worked your life away in something that means nothing to you.

11. pirateking

pirateking New Fapstronaut

Actually I am struggling with this and I think the hardest thing is the first step toward the job or the thing that u wanna establish

12. Then find work that doesn't feel like work.

13. Deadmemories

Deadmemories Fapstronaut

sorry that depresses you man, but unless you win the lotto you have no other option

14. IOGD

IOGD Fapstronaut

I would recommend finding other activities besides work you enjoy doing regularly: hanging out with friends/family, hobbies, volunteering, church, etc. Though you can find great joy in a job, a job is ultimately a means to an end. We work so we can have leisure. So if you're trying to find meaning and joy in your life solely through your job, I doubt you will ever be satisfied. Find something you're passionate about and can devote your time to aside from work.