1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

havent told the wife yet

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by pingber, Oct 26, 2019.

1. pingber

pingber Fapstronaut

So far so good. Sleeping well. Lots of spare time. Haven’t told the wife what I’m doing. What do you think?

2. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Congrats on 21. Telling your wife depends on a lot of things. Is she expecting sex and you're not having any?

Sante364 likes this.
  3. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

What is your reasoning for not telling her?

IamOlive likes this.
  4. The Electric Monk

The Electric Monk Fapstronaut

5. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

I don't see any situation where a PA has a relapse and his wife (who is aware of the addiction) should not be told about the reset. This is really a no-brainer, to me. Most times when guys ask the question whether they should tell their wives or not, I feel that its almost always because they want someone to tell them that they don't have to. So in my opinion, if she's already aware of your addiction, then yes, she absolutely should know about it, and more importantly, she should hear about it from YOU rather than find it on her own. There may be some wives who have left a marriage/relationship because of a reset, but there will always be a thousandfold more who left because of lies and secrets.

If your wife doesn't know about your addiction, then I'd say you should probably talk with a CSAT counselor to mediate a disclosure day.

6. budvap

budvap Fapstronaut

7. Carmichael85250

Carmichael85250 Fapstronaut

With respect to the link above, the one person who provided the most helpful and useful advice is need4realchg on my thread. Read that. I understand exactly how you feel.