1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Me, Him & Us

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by IamOlive, Aug 13, 2019.

1. budvap

budvap Fapstronaut

Addiction is a real beast. When my wife was nice to me I only abused the situation for enjoying my own grubby habit. When she was not nice to me, I only abused the situation for excusing the said. As heartless as it sounds it was (and I by all means believe will never be again).

Yet, these “memories” you are talking about and the awareness of your reactions to them can make you more sympathetic to your partner’s own grounds of his addiction as well as my understanding my addiction makes me more sympathetic to my wife’s fears and inner wounds.

I feel that we are slowly approaching the point where we start realizing that these injuries are there in both of us and that we can stop blaming but either split for my wife not being able to forgive me and get back the lost trust or join our souls for better future. Either way is open right now (I still keep strong hope for the latter case as my wife does, too, yet she openly claims not giving any promises, which I accept and understand).

No doubt, addiction has its extra harmfulness, no matter whether I chose it or not. It’s here, poisoned my brain and the way I live and treat my beloved one. She is definitely not the cause of it and I definitely made a severe damage to our relationship because of it.