1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loss of strength and sense of manliness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 27, 2019.

1. As felt today I feel like something is missing. An empty piece from my personality is making me feel very light but weighted down if this makes sense. Even when I breath I can feel a lack of self, it’s weird but this is becoming pathetic now. If any of you understand what I mean by this

Edit: I have just heard today, from someone that ‘I am lacking in confidence very badly’ and it’s true, hearing this is a good inconvenience but I have to fix this but need methods.

It is getting out of hand. I still sulk, I give reasons for my actions, question myself daily in the mirror despite the load of compliments I receive on a weekly basis. No matter how many times I am told that I am intelligent or anything to do with telling me what others see I always put myself down and just purely empty inside.

I do lack in self-confidence. I do so much, and I have wanted to have this one aspect, this one trait I have been dying to have yet I am still lacking. I don’t know how to gain this, I don’t

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
    Asgardian36 likes this.
  2. Napav

Napav Fapstronaut

Yes brother, i can understand those feelings.
    Don't worry, we can win over this bad habit.
    Exercise, eat healthy food, socialize..!! Don't worry, you are not alone!
    There are many people who have walked through this path and seen sunshine!
    Keep walking in the path of resort
    Reboot!
    All the best!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. It’s a lack of confidence and I can’t stand it. Pathetic of me

4. Napav

Napav Fapstronaut

5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I see that you are 20 I am 28, i feel a lot similar to you even when I was on 140+ streak, I was feeling like I did when I fap, i think it was because I did not do my best. Its been years since I did my best in anything..over the years my will power has become shit. I rarely take cold showers anymore, I never finish anything that I started, I keep lying myself that I will work hard some time in the future, which never happened in 6 years. I just do the minimum to get by, I have been unemployed for 6 years already for my age.

My advice to you is, have goals, meet them and feel the confidence within! Make list of things which you are proud of! Godspeed!

Deleted Account and Napav like this.
  6. Napav

Napav Fapstronaut

Don't worry brother, this is great 140+ streak!
    Keep on going, you will get a good job and all the good things will happen to you!

Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Those feelings of emptiness can be a result of some kind of void that abstinence from PMO creates for some time before you start to fill in that void with other activities. Giving up PMO is not only giving up a bad and destructive habit, it is also giving up a huge part of your personality you have had until that point.
    At the moment your ego is threatened, it will crave your attention more than ever and hence trying to pull you back which might be why you feel such emptiness.
    Also, what are your current habits like?
    Because, if your current habits are poor, it will be much more difficult to feel and experience any benefits from NoFap and many small bad habits combined will have a huge overall impact on the sensitivity of your senses, mind and soul. So, by replacing your current bad habits (one at a time) you will progressively feel better and by time, the former bad and destructive feelings will slowly fade away.

8. At this moment and half way through the days I have dedicated to my current streak. I have noticed a shift in personality which would be the emptiness, almost like a whole where my confidence is meant to be, it’s not there, simply a gaping gap. And in it’s absence I have taken in new traits which I and others close to me do not like, such as: giving long apologies or thank you’s, sulking, taking criticism harshly no matter how small, and feeding off others confidence to charge me for a couple of hours.

After being told by somebody close to me that I now only ‘lack confidence very badly’ but that I ‘have a weak character and how I am weak’ I know these are true as they were not put harshly, kindly actually.

This is magnificent but also horrible. I do not feel the same way about PMO as I used to, I tried watching P the past few days and I felt nothing for it. I get an erection but I don’t feel interested, it heavily bores me, including M. They simply aren’t enjoyable.

It is this huge gap I have where my confidence is meant to be. My personality is so weak right now

9. Lenard Fosterman

Lenard Fosterman Fapstronaut

I have moved from low to rather decent self-confidence.

One advice I may give you is that you need to still your mind. You are not your (self-negative) thoughts! Shift your sense of self into your whole body. Make it healthy and it will make you happy: Sports, meditation, healthy food, yoga, dance, sauna, sex and/or healthy M, spending time in nature, regular sleep, breathing ... Don't do it to optimize your looks (it will happen as a side effect anyways), don't do it to impress anybody (same), don't do it because it's a trendy lifestyle, don't push yourself too hard and don't exaggerate anything. Do it as simple acts of self-care. Each act of self-care is a step on the stairs of self-love and acceptance.
    Stop wallowing in your drama, embrace the current emptiness. You've led yourself to a crucial point, which is brave. Any crisis is a cocoon and once you eclose, you'll be much more beautiful.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. T-72 M4

T-72 M4 Fapstronaut

You should help yourself.

What can I advice you, is try to find a thing you're good at. On such foundation you can build your self-confidence. It's very important. You won't became self confident because you want it and nothing more. It's a process and You need to change your life by small steps.

Live healthy life, do your chores, exercise, paint or write. I don't know your capabilities but everyone has some things he's good at.
    I had to cut off from most of my friends because they usually doesn't care about my opinions and I was something like observer, not a member of our group. You should find someone who treat you properly and not abuse you.

11. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Hi ThyArtofLust,

You are apparently very intelligent! I think you should try to create, write, producte etc. something which makes you feel proud and is visible for everyone. Compliments will matter when you are truly proud of something that you have created. You can also seek a part-time job with fulfillment or maybe even start your own service/company.

Goodluck!