1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Quitting drinking?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Username Changed by Mod Team, Oct 28, 2019.

1. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

How much are you drinking?

2. Well, when I was quitting, I was changing everything around me. Kind of. Fuck friends who are there just when you have something to drink. Fuck them. Forget them. Associations with alchocol have to go too. Like, music that reminds you of drinking and all that stuff. Make yourself more busy so you don't have a tought about drinking a beer or shit like that. Just take your time and be patient.

3. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I might sound very ascetic when giving this advice but by doing intermittent fasting regularly and over time, your cravings for food (and beverages) will plummet, especially the cravings for the unhealthy foods and beverages who are making you sick and depressed.
    By only eating 1-2 meals a day during an eight hour window, you will also shred off any excess body fat and become leaner and sharper (mentally) in the process and the best thing is that IM-fasting is rather effortless compared to all those other diets that are launched and marketed.

4. Christian7

Christian7 Fapstronaut

I sometimes drink a few beers on friday or saturday when I go out with friends to a bar or cluh. Nothing too crazy. Should I just stop completely or wouldn't it really matter because I don't overdrink and get drunk?

4eyedfox and Get_It like this.
  5. About 2 bottles of vodka a month.

6. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

Are you drinking more now than you were a year ago?

7. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

At that level drink away. Quitting would have little to zero benefit for you as your consumption is minimal.

Christian7 likes this.
  8. 4eyedfox

4eyedfox Fapstronaut

I would recommend stop drinking stop smoking weed and see which of your friends still want to come over and hang out. Realize they are your real friends and grow those relationships. If someone is only around to get fucked up they have no benefit to you. Trust me I know how fun it is to hang out with these people and to get fucked up and do dumb things, but like everything it should be in moderation.

EDIT: Learn to say no even the biggest assholes will respect someone who has the willpower to say no even if it does not seem like it in the moment. I love saying no to something people expect me to do. It is weird but you get a rush knowing that you are in total control of yourself.

9. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Last time I quit alcohol for 6 months. I replaced it with a lot of sport and strict day-planning. e.g. creating something....but came back because I had a woman ;)

10. Yes I believe so

11. Let your Yes be Yes and your No's be No's

You have to make up your mind to quit. If you go to a rehab facility there is no magic pill they will give you other than support. In another words just make up your mind you want to quit, I didn't really fill up my time with anything out of the ordinary. I can't even think about alcohol now and when I do can't believe it had such a grip on me

Been clean for almost 8 months now