1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Quick check in. Still going. Over the 20 day mark and working onwards to 30 and onwards.

2. Don't even give them the time of day.

3. Very interesting idea. One positive thing that stands out to me is the increasing time between the peaks. Also, your most recent one is less than the previous one.

discovery likes this.
  4. Wow, look at all the twos! It seems my last relapse took out a swath of you guys. Sorry about that. Congrats to all you high rollers that did NOT relapse. OK, 2 squad, no more P or M until 30 days. That's your punishment (and mine).

discovery likes this.
  5. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

6. Day 25.

Going well, will give a more detailed update in 5 days time.

7. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been super busy. I had been doing well with this, I did have a relapse on Sunday, sadly. I'm down for a NoFap November!

artifact, WilBil99 and discovery like this.
  8. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in

NICEDUDE and discovery like this.
  9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Be strong @time2chage ! We cannot live in an environment of zero temptation, so the only way out is to be "temptation resistant"!
    Resist and try to put the mind to work on other things ...
    Congratulations on your 18 days and encouragement that you are within a couple of days of the three weeks!

Timber, Espi1971 and discovery like this.
  10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

You are right @artifact ! Thanks for the analysis, very usefull to me.
    And thank you for all the work and dedication that you put in this forum, you are part of the healing and success of many people!

11. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

34 days today. Some urges involving past behavior (spas) that still peaks my interest. I know it’s bad for me and relationship and I’m only thinking about it because of work stress. Going to listen to an SLA meeting on YouTube, they remind me that others have had it worse and are owning their recovery. Be strong gents.

12. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in..

discovery likes this.
  13. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in ... @NICEDUDE we are at 4 days we can make this let's be strong !

artifact, WilBil99, NICEDUDE and 2 others like this.
  14. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

That’s a great observation! And I can relate to this. It looks like you are going through increasingly lengthening “cycles”.

Which takes me to the next point. I am beginning to think of PMO as a way to fool our body into thinking that it needs to speed up its “cycles”, e.g. produce more semen, adjust to frequent sexual arousal, etc. I am going to be a bit gross now - ever since my commitment to nofap, the frequency of blue balls has gone down considerably, and my penis doesn’t stink at the end of the day. It just doesn’t produce a stinky discharge nearly as often as it used to. I told you, gross. I do feel like my body has adjusted to a new rhythm. The cycles have lengthened.
    That’s my working theory.
    Sorry for the gross post!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  15. 2pres90

2pres90 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Relapsed yesterday after a couple strong days. Could not get motivated to go outside, cold and rainy, and I had some other issues I journaled about. Going on a trip today so the next real challenge will be on my return a week from now.

artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  16. IFM303

IFM303 Fapstronaut

Checking in. 3 days in

WilBil99 and discovery like this.
  17. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Umm..... gross, yeah.... thanks?? :rolleyes:

There's a book out there called Sperm Wars that really goes into this. A fascinating study about the science behind how our sperm is designed to compete against other mens' sperm to be the best for fertilization and how womens' reproductive systems are designed to maximize fertilization, and how our behaviors (both men and women) are influenced by this. One example is how when you masturbate, the real reason is to eliminate the older, weaker sperm cells and replace them with younger, fresher ones to better compete with other mens' sperm with women you may sleep with whom you consciously or unconsciously aren't convinced that there is no other competition besides yourself. Being PMO-free goes entirely against our instincts to survive as a species and pass on our DNA, which makes it so hard. Related to this point, the book goes on to say that masturbation is much more frequent in single men, because theoretically they will have more sexual opportunities with women who are sleeping with other men than a married man in a monogamous relationship.

18. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Great journey Bro.. !

artifact likes this.
  19. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hahaha... gross but true. I have a similar experience in terms of smell, so now you have more statistical basis for your theory!

Timber likes this.
  20. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

:) I am tempted to call it dick cheese theory but I doubt the name will catch on.

That’s pretty interesting. I guess P would trick you into thinking there are more partners available. You will produce more semen and will need to clear the pipes more often. That’s where the P in PMO really throws the natural balance off.

persona2903 and discovery like this.