1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage and kids is overrated

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

dude....marriage and kids are not overrated, i would never think so! I feel sorry for those lonely people who realize at their end of lives how lonely they are!
    In my perspective, parents are gonna depart at some point, so the only people whom you unconditionally love are your wife and kids. Its not that they are not gonna hurt us, they might but like some one mentioned in this thread, the pros far outweigh the cons!

I cannot imagine my life without wife and kids, it would be a sad lonely life, the kind you hear sometimes in the news and is now a cliche, person dying alone in the apartment, the body being discovered after its rotten for weeks.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Deciding to have no kids certainly does not make you “lonely”, even if a person doesn't get married it’s the same thing. Why are you judging others, and honestly who gets to decide if a person is lonely or not? There are people perfectly content and happy with having no kids, and even others where they don’t wish to have a partner.

need4realchg and Mistersofty like this.
  3. I got married too young, 23 and didn’t want kids for selfish reasons.

when we had them at 25, realized I had been incredibly selfish. Kids are living , talking, dna mirrors.

while today we are separated I would not advocate for marrying before you know yourself. To me, getting married because you are afraid to be alone is possibly... the worst reason.

Nofap has trained me to sniff out the fear and attack. So ask yourself what fear are you trying to solve with marriage? He/she is probably not the answer.

Let marriage be or become about something loftier than emotional discontent—and it can survive a host of failures.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Sorry for judging....
    At the end of life, it would be lonely without a family of our own, is all I'm saying.

5. Hmm... I always wanted to be married and I admire people who can honestly say that it is not necessary.

I don't think that being married saves one for being lonely.

6. Being married isnt about not being lonely.

7. I would love to get married but only for the reason of LOVE and when I did get married I would quit my job so if my wife LOVED me she would support my decision so I could sit at home do nothing and find myself LMAO, Seriously though how many happy marrages do you see and hear about these days? o_O

Deleted Account and need4realchg like this.
  8. Yep! I'm 52 years old and have met countless married couples over the years. I think it's a safe bet that more than half of those were not happy marriages, including my parents. My parents are only together still because of convenience sake.

-----

Lots of married couples I knew years ago are divorced now. Many married folks I know now are not happy campers. I just had a text exchange yesterday with a married friend of mine that's working on divorcing his wife. Marriage is something I would like but I'm certainly not going to rush into it.

-----

Nah, one can be lonely married. One can be fulfilled and have a happy life without marriage. Just because one is single doesn't mean they have to die alone. I once knew a single never married man that died in his 90's. He was a very popular respected man, treated everyone well, and was not just a talker - he went out and did good deeds to help others. He did not die alone even though he never married and never had children. He was surrounded by friends all the way until his end.

9. I know just as many happy married couples as I do, failed/unhappy marriages. I came from a broken home. And suprisingly *sarcasm* i didnt use that to fuel some victim mentality about marriage terrible women being evil. Im in very happy marriage as are all my best friends.
    Grow up people. As grandma told me , you reap what you sow. You get what you put into your marriage. 2 self centered, non compatible people with opposite beliefs and morals cant go into a marriage and make it work.
    Find the right person with the same beliefs and goals as you and youll be fine.

10. Great point! It's similar to what a married friend told me, (he's actually one in a good happy marriage), if your goal is to move to the country and live in a ranch house, don't get involved with a person that has the goal to live in the city with a white picket fence. It's not going to work.

11. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Having children is somewhat of a biological need. Economical circumstances seldom allow it though. My struggles currently are finding a woman, as I'm very close to a shipwreck.

12. Common ground is key, some people are able to somehow make it work but I really believe you need similarities. That’s just relationship 101 though, why would you want to be with a person that is either against what you believe, or is just not compatible with you? I’m not saying to have no individuality but rather if like half of that person is the opposite of you, the chance of that working out isn’t so great especially when you’re butting heads.

People say it would get “boring” having the same tastes or beliefs but that’s not true especially for me, I’ve been with my partner for over 12 years and we never get bored of each other. In fact I’d say having similar tastes enhances experiences and the overall aspect of a relationship.

13. Deepak678

Deepak678 Fapstronaut

Totally true, and given the overpopulation of some countries like China and India, its better if people don't marry and start adopting kids if they need kids.