1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by vikingwarrior, Nov 1, 2019.

1. vikingwarrior

vikingwarrior Fapstronaut

I have a date on Monday with a girl I really like. Any advice you can give me?

Homelander likes this.
  2. Thomas8

Thomas8 Fapstronaut

Be yourself. Don't be nervous, just be yourself. You do fine.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Focus on being you and have fun. Express yourself honestly. Do your best... whatever your current best is.

Anything more than that is fear, worry, doubt, and tension that you place on to yourself as self sabotage getting in your own way. Most people believe that their best isn't enough and that they have to become something far more extraordinary than who they normally are to acquire the perfect outcome. So they try to over think their way to that ideal which deteriorates their ability to do their current best. The outcome is whatever the outcome will be. You can't control it. You've never had control and you never will. That scares a lot of people and they can't accept that. So they tense up and get serious to try to control everything even more. Which just gets in their own way. Which self sabotages. Which deteriorates their ability to do their current best.

Anything other than your honest self expression is excess bullshit that will only lower the chances of your desired outcome.

Do your absolute best. Be humble and vulnerably accept the fact that things might not work out in your favor and that not everyone will be interested in you. Being able to come to terms with that will allow you to freely express yourself without added pressure. Let go of the control that you will never have. All you can do is your best going after something that might not work and yet still wanting to go for it with everything you've got.

The people who can't accept that they might fail, make mistakes, or get rejected are the ones that are perfectionists. It's a form of self abuse and self hate. It's a way to wait for guarantees before taking any real action in a reality where guarantees don't exist. Thus they aren't able to express themselves freely or go for it 100% committing with absolute resolve. They aren't able to play to win. They simply protect, cope, conserve, and play not to lose. Thus all this excess bullshit lowers their chances as opposed to just doing their current best.

Luke777, RavenCrow and Get_It like this.
  4. vikingwarrior

Tomorrow is go time. By the power of nofap I can and will meet her.

RavenCrow likes this.
  5. Homelander

Homelander Fapstronaut

6. Thomas8

Thomas8 Fapstronaut

How did it go.?

7. Thanks man!

8. vikingwarrior

She flaked.. We have set a date on Friday. This is the last oppurtunity for her to show she is interested in me..