1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have your own IT business?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by maxmayer, Oct 31, 2019.

1. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

What kind of business do you have? Was it hard to create it?

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  2. My brother and I are trying to create a business selling PC hardware, the only problem is money.

3. I own a housekeeping business. It's a lot of work, but I don't know if I would say it was hard to create. I had a lot of experience in housekeeping, worked hard to spread the word about my new company, did a great job with my cleanings and gained a ton of positive referrals. It grew fairly quickly. But it is definitely a lot more work to run your own company than it is to work for someone else. There are a lot of other benefits of course, but less work is definitely not one of them.

4. Yes. I have an import/export business outside of my regular job. I have a business partner and together after 3 years I do *+100k.

i have started my own business and it’s much better with a partner. I think it would be better to have things defined up front — but your bus goals should be clear and transparent.

5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

damn bro! Thats fucking cool! 100K holyjesus!

6. Alyx87

Alyx87 Fapstronaut

I'm in high margin, low volume import and retail. Since I'm running this myself, I attribute a lot of my PMO to the fact I work alone and up until recently, I had a moderate amount of time on my hands.

Creating it was darn easy. I think that if you have a hobby or passion in life which you take to a high level while your still young, you realize after reaching a certain age that you can capitalize on it. Treat every customer the way you'd like to be treated, find enjoyment in optimization, have a slightly more analytical mind than average and you're good to go.

Medexpress and recon117 like this.
  7. Curtrunner

Curtrunner Fapstronaut

Mind your own business.

8. I want to start a business in future but at the moment I need to get a great education and stack my money up.

9. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

I almost forgot about this thread. I started thinking about start-up. I would like to try myself in app developing business or smth like that. Probably it would be a good start of IT career. EffectiveSoft Corporation helps with providing all needed knowledges and developing skills

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

If you want to make good money you should definitely try to become a programmer. Can be as a freelancer as well. There's always a shortage of (experienced) programmers. That, and IT security. Basically preventing your data from being stolen/hacked. There are plenty of people who work in IT 'on demand' to fix urgent problems. Sure, you might get a call at 03:00 at night, but the paycheck can be extremely high based on hourly rates. I know programming isn't for me, when it becomes complicated I get lost and confused, lol.

11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Creating apps for other people seems like a great start.

On the side trying to create your own apps would be a lower risk with a high potential payoff.