1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with healthy eating habits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BadAtChoosingNames, Oct 30, 2019.

1. I started working out and losing weight in febuary where i had a lot of free time and it was really easy to handle calories and regular meals. So i lost like 22 Pounds (+ gained muscles so i probably lost more).

I went to the gym like 5/6 time a week, estimated how much calories i eat, i burn over the day and had a good eating plan.

But last month university started again and my eating habits got really messy again. My day at university doesnt have a clear routine, i stay longer every day to make homework with friends and meet up with them after that from time to time.

Beacause of i want to save money i eat lunch at home which is mostly around 5 am, on some day even later. Because of that i eat more at university and when i have really long days i buy something there, because i know i eat at 7 pm the earliest.

I thought that would not be that big of a deal because i still can go to the gym like 3 times a week or something. But that is not the case every week, i usually have to do homework at home which takes up a lot of time. Then i work once a week for 4 hours which blocks an evening almost every week. So it gets kinda hard to push a workout which usually takes up like 1 3/4 hours ( both ways to the gym and going back home included).

So my eating habit of usually eating like 2500 calories a day (2000 calories + 900 calories per workout - 400 deficit) went down the drain from there.

Right now i eat around 3000 calories a day, because i get way more hungry during the day. Because of long university days. I read online that a man 20-30 usually needs like 3000 calories for a normal day. So i thought it was fine because i work out like 2-3 times a week and work at retail so it is like a workout too.

But after almost 2 months now i gained like 6 pounds again (on the scale) and i'm not sure if it is fat again because i eat to much.

What do you guys think, is my thesis/calculation right ? And where could i improve my eating habits.

2. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

First off great job on losing that weight.

Now I'm no expert. But the fat gets to your belly first. So if notice you don't fit your pants anymore or if it's getting more difficult to close the button you have your answer. Your face is also a good indicator.

Muscles definitely contribute to weight. Admittely, I'm also worried about my weight but it's more that I eat due to depression.

Your thesis is a bit confusing to me, but I think you will know if you are eating too much, and or too much crappy food.

It's best to only eat when hungry, although this is also debateable, since the more you eat, the bigger your stomach gets and you will be more quickly hungry.

If you want to lose weight (fat), focus on cardio. If you want to gain muscle you can lift.

I personally can't stand eating the same things every day. But if you can make yourself a schedule and hold by it, that'd work. So.. yeah, a healthy daily living pattern is the key. It affects everything in your life. Your mental and physical health.

Anyway.. I think you're already doing great. You're asking to refine the edges, so I think you're already on your way. If you want to get any professional advice, go visit a dietician, or perhaps an instructor at the gym can help you out. They know what's best for you.

3. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Could be stress. High stress load could cause weight gain. When stress load is high it generally means Oxidative load is high, I would eat more leafy greens, and fruits. I used to do the same thing when I went to school, I used to be there for a long day, so I would get whatever I felt, maybe chicken strips, or coffee, or even sodas, chips, etc. These things made my energy levels dead as hell, and I used to get hungry soooo often. My energy levels were literally so crap that by the time I got to finally concentrate, it was almost time to go. Now I've included antioxidant heavy foods into my diet, energy levels are definitely better. I'm planning to incorporate different things soon like more plants, and try to fixate more healthy things into my diet. One of my friend told me, when I crave sweets, it's because I have nutrition deficiency. One simple thing to do, is buy spinach, I prefer unprocessed whole leaf, and I mix it with black pepper(increase bioavailability), and I add some other spices and herbs(add any kind of beneficial spice you can think of) and make sure it taste good. This should help make your body healthier, crave less, and give you a push, throughout the day.