1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and fetishes

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Frelsig, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Frelsig

Frelsig New Fapstronaut

Hello there! I'm new to nofap and have been doing rather good since I started three days ago. However, I almost masturbated because of my foot fetish, deep rooted within myself since I was a child. I really love pantyhose, shoes, boots, long socks. Obviously, when in the street for instance, I can't help but look at women's feet/shoes - most of the time discreetly and quickly, though. It has never really have been a problem.
    Nonetheless, I'm afraid I'll eventually lose control because, everyday, I see women wearing boots, nylons, shoes corresponding to my "preference". I can't avoid that since I have to walk to go to school and to do groceries.

Would you guys have some recommendations for helping me control this urge? I love my fetish, really, but I decided to practice nofap for at least three to six months, and it may be a bit of a hindrance somehow if I don't manage to do something about it.

What's the attitude of fellow Fapstronauts/Femstronauts when it comes to having fetishes whilst doing nofap?

dogeatdog likes this.
  2. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Hi, I too sort of struggle with the "fetish that is triggered by everyday things" but instead of feet, I'm attracted to women who treat me in an inexplicable way. I can't really describe but examples are when a girl I'm close to spoonfeeds me some of their food or when they order me to do stuff instead of asking, like telling me where to sit. As you can imagine, this happens often and I usually catch myself fantasising about what it would be like in the bedroom and if they treated me like that there, but I've uncovered two ways of getting myself back in the loop:
    1. The most common method I use to snap myself back into reality and stop thinking of my urges is just verbally whispering "stop" to yourself. It sounds kind of stupid, but saying it makes me realise that I'm in a room with people doing something and that I'm not just alone in my head free to think about those naughty naughty things! Doing this grounds you back to reality and you can focus on the task at hand.
    2. The other way I control my urges is by occupying myself completely. If you're on the way to school and can't stop thinking about it, blast a song on really loudly on your phone and sing it - I've done it before and it's worked. During weekends when I have nothing better to do, I fill my schedule by studying or playing video games with my friends so to not give myself the chance to relapse.
    In essence, just occupy yourself all the time and realise when you're having these thoughts and try and apprehend them (meta-thinking I guess). If anybody is a fetish expert and can give a name to what I'm into, please tell as I'm rather intrigued and have never really put my thoughts into words like this regarding fetishes. Hope this helped and good luck with your NoFap journey, brother!

Frelsig likes this.
  3. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

I'm unsure what is problematic for you. Just finding women hot/attractive/desirable is part of being a man. Fetishes (or whatever activity) are fine as long as it's consensual, and depending on what nofap mode you're in.

Frelsig likes this.
  4. george53

george53 Fapstronaut

Hi man, I also have a foot fetish and listen, you have one since you're a child and it doesn't seem to be a problem for you. As long as you don't feel too much adrenaline rushes that might be felt by repetitive artificial triggering, you're fine. However doing NoFap you will probably simply glance less at feet etc. and be more able to embrace your fetish when a real life occasion comes.

dogeatdog and Frelsig like this.
  5. Frelsig

Frelsig New Fapstronaut

Thanks for your replies, insights, and advice. I'm most reassured now and, today, I managed it completely even though I had two gorgeous women wearing boots and nylons sitting just two meters away from me at a coffee shop.

george53 likes this.
  6. george53

george53 Fapstronaut

Nice, you see, these women were looking hot, that's it. No need to go further in your thoughts, they were here but you wasn't gonna have sex or anything so it was useless to fantasize.

7. TRIGGER, CAUTION
    Tuesday I had sex with a girl, she asked me if she could smoke, of course I let her, she was smokin so fkin hot (I got the fetish) and I had to tell her 'babe you look so hot smokin', I got an smokin bj for first time (I did not think I would get one, and got one randomly lol)
    I don't think fetishes dissapear with NoFap, but they are not wierd, I think every one has a fetish. (mine is smoking, and mature females)

dogeatdog, Frelsig and george53 like this.
  8. Mine has always been women spanking guys over the knee. Urgh

I don't really ever feel my fetish will pounce on me in public though, hope it gets better for you man

Frelsig likes this.