1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best horror movies?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

How could you name I2 as a favorite?

2. Because I have an opinion that happens to be different than yours, I suppose. It happens.

3. Really it does?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Nope

5. Really looking forward to The Nun. The whole Conjuring universe is proving to be quite something.
    Anyone seen Hereditary? Meant to be be ‘the horror film of the year.’

rezahaghi and Deleted Account like this.
  6. rezahaghi

rezahaghi New Fapstronaut

i'm so excited for "Black Christmas" movie in 13 december 2019... i loved horror movies 2019
    i think "Black Christmas" is one of the best horror movies 2019... i really like this and can't wait!
    For reviews of best horror movies 2019 you can visit Plaza Magazine (plaza.ir/mag)

7. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

The Shining, Psycho, Alien, and The Silence of the Lambs.

8. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

There are so many.

The best is propably John Carpenter's the Thing. Everything in it is just spot on.

When I was younger I used to think Paranormal activity was the scariest horror film ever, but idk if it'd make such an impact anymore.

Sauna (also goes by names the Filth and Evil rising for some not at all retarded reason) is a great finnish (see how I'm promoting my homeland) horror film that I rewatched lately. Kinda cryptic, but to me that's good. It's impressive how it allegedly didn't even try to be a horror film.

People keep telling me the movie adaptation of Silent hill is bad, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's at the very least mediocre and saved by it's impressive visual style. Idk.

Skeleton key is a great horror film that I should propably rewatch. The ending of that one was creepy as hell.

I recently watched Suspiria. Not the weird remake, the og Dario Argento film. It was really good. The plot was nothing special, but the vibe was creepy and the soundtrack and the visual side of the film were amazing.

And also obviously the first Alien, which might actually even be objectively the best horror film ever. Enough said.

9. American.Psycho

American.Psycho Fapstronaut

Get Out, Prometheus, Shaun of the dead, the mist was ok. fuck IT that movie incinerated my childhood

u376 likes this.
  10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Soylent Green

11. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

Joker (can be considered horror really great movie)
    Halloween (original and 2018 sequel)
    Saw (I only watched 1-3) don't watch these if you hate gore it's pretty messed up and makes you feel nauseous at times.
    It 2017

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  12. coldhearted

coldhearted Fapstronaut

August Underground, Begotten, Melancholie der Engel, The Bunny Game, PIG (2010), Titicut Follies, Martyrs

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  13. Wave Surfer 2.0

Wave Surfer 2.0 New Fapstronaut

I've recently watched Hush on Neftlix (UK)

14. That one was pretty good. It has a scene I really enjoy, because it breaks a typical horror trope that's annoying.

When her guy friend shows up to help her, he fights like HELL to kill the dude! He gets stabbed in the neck and is gushing out blood, and he gets back up to attack the guy.

My husband always gets annoyed when we watch scary movies and these big dudes die so easily. He's very protective, and he just doesn't buy that they would roll over and give up so fast, because he would be fighting til his very last breath to protect me.

So we both really liked that scene. We were cheering that dude on so hard!

Wave Surfer 2.0 likes this.
  15. Lol, that always stresses me out too

Deleted Account likes this.