1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning routines

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DesRevived, Nov 6, 2019.

1. DesRevived

DesRevived Fapstronaut

Starting from tomorrow, I will try out a productive morning routine. According to several books and blogs I read, what you do in the morning will affect your whole day.

Here is my morning routine plan for a typical workday:
    • 7:00 - 7:10 am - Wake up and brush my teeth (No phone check)
    • 7:10 - 7:30 am - Journaling and writing my to-dos (3 Things I Need To Get Done Today)
    • 7:30 - 8:00 am - Reading a book while eating breakfast (Cereals)
    • 8:00 - 8:15 am - Cold shower and prepare for work
    • 8:15 - 9:00 am - Head to work and start it immediately

2. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Just find something that works for you. Indeed, you feel happier if you accomplish things at the very start of your day. However, in my own experience, its harder to keep the habit in place every day haha. Good luck with that ^

Napav and DesRevived like this.
  3. I recommend waking up early. I wake up around 5/5:30. You will get more shit done

4. Nicko Stretch

Nicko Stretch Fapstronaut

Great idea! Have a plan, but be reflective if it doesn't work out, and keep the bits that do. It is an evolving process and will need to change as you, and your circumstances change.

DesRevived and Enulv like this.
  5. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I wake up at 6. Have a cold shower and no breakfast. Go to work and get 10,000 steps done every day. No lunch. When I get home I go for a bike ride. Eat a healthy dinner and repeat the process every day. Whatever you do, consistency is key.

6. Good start! But yes, try earlier than 7am. The results will make it worth it.

I follow the Morning Miracle book by Hal Elrod.

narudan likes this.
  7. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I think it really is about seriousness. How bad do you want it? I’m 30 and will never be this young again. If I want to be a ripped guy in his prime the time is only now.

8. Sounds like a positive system.
    I suggest adding some exercise and perhaps meditation. Maybe keep it light if you don't like a hard workout so early in the day.

Kakarot_2694 likes this.
  9. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I am not sure none breakfast & lunch is a good idea. You probely heard this before and have your reasons. Do you really feel the energy in your body the whole day...?

10. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Yep. Your body acclimatises. You burn fat quickly. It’s 100% worth doing. Extreme gets the job done, stop doing baby steps. Jump right in.

11. better human

better human Fapstronaut

What do you think about this routine?

I try to do it in a similar way, but ended up to wake up at 10 and go for work immediately

Plus if i wake up early as this, i consume 3 hours to just have my brrakfast and start doing tasks

12. Let us know how it goes!

13. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Find the routine that helps you the most and you can stick with. Also don’t be afraid to vary it with other healthy activities. Research shows that variety is needed to maintain routines and avoid from getting bored and eventually skipping them.

14. I remember Mike Tyson talking about how he hated training because he was doing the same thing over and over again. Depending on the goal, it may be a good idea to tolerate overly repetitive routines like training.

15. Napav

Napav Fapstronaut

Its good to see people here are all willing to get better day by day and everyday!!
    I would suggest 2 modifications in your morning routine :
    1) Give time for exercise as well. It's important.
    2) Enjoy reading and enjoy eating. But I would suggest you to do those things separately.!

If you don't modify, no worries.
    You morning routine is good. Go Ahead with it!

16. George2019

George2019 Fapstronaut

Love the line stop doing baby steps. My wife and I are on board starting first thing tomorrow morning

Fullyawake likes this.
  17. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Proud of you both. There are no shortcuts. You won’t regret this if you commit.

18. better human

better human Fapstronaut

Which book do you mean?
    Ther are several books with the same name